Todd Hayes Ltd
Are you interested in more Other jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Our client, a global freight and logistics organisation based in Gt Yarmouth are seeking a Operations Supervisor to join their team on a full time permanent basis working Monday – Friday. You will be working within the Operations department and reporting into the Operations Manager.
Do you have:
- Experience in freight forwarding/logistics background?
- Excellent customer service skills?
- Understanding of import / export regimes and understanding of Customs Procedures?
If so, this could be the role for you!
The successful Operations Supervisor will assist with the Co-ordination and processing of all Airfreight import / export shipments, in line with client directives and PFS standard operating procedures. Provide support to PFS Network and UK branches with their import / export requests / requirements.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
* Fully conversant with all companies’ in-house systems
* Managing Export / import shipment on a ‘cradle to grave’ operational basis from quotation, execution and client invoicing.
* Responding to Quote requests in a timely efficient manner for external and internal PFS clients. Identifying any missing information at earliest opportunity and pro-actively communicating with requester to compete a quote.
* Booking of shipments with carriers – Airlines, shipping lines and road transport companies
* Ensure data fully and accurately entered into all systems in accordance with company best practice.
* Process all shipping documentation including, but not limited to – MAWB, HAWB, Bill of lading, CMR and Standard shipping note.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of HM Revenue & Customs regulations.
* Adhere to destination specific documentation requirements.
* Attend and contribute to daily team briefings to discuss current workload or any other relevant information
* Resolving day to day issues with Clients and Vendors to include advising and or / escalation for support to General Manager as appropriate.
* Proactive communication to both internal and external clients with any identified actual or potential service issue, volunteering optimum alternative solution to meet required transit.
* Full understanding of companies Compliance Programme
* Ensure Dangerous Goods procedures are followed within the department for successful export in accordance with the current regulations.
* Responding to service updates and status updates as required by internal and external clients.
* Managing a specific portfolio of designated Great Yarmouth accounts and taking on additional jobs as import / export department workload requires.
* Working alone if required and managing operational workload during times of staff shortages or work colleague absence.
* Maintaining PFS profit margins by correctly selecting best service providers / airline to meet clients service / transit expectation but maximise PFS margin.
* Utilising Cargo Office for Airline selection and flagging up to Management / Airline Purchasing any identified issues and non-conformities.
* Managing pre / post flights and exception reporting / status updates to external and internal clients.
* Assisting in credit control with specified clients / agents as required.
It is essential that the Operations Supervisor has:
* A positive and outgoing attitude, maintaining a high degree of commitment to improvements and change.
* Experience in Air Freight import and export forwarding
* Experienced in handling Dangerous Goods
* Comprehensive understanding of ASM Sequoia and CHIEF
* Familiar with Lloyds Loading List, OAG Flight Guide and Cargo Office
* Excellent Microsoft skills, in particular Excel
* Good oral and communication skills
* Good organisational skills and an ability to react to suit operational demands, must be able to organise time effectively and prioritise tasks to cope with fluctuating workloads.
* High level of accuracy in checking and processing information
* Ability to form good relationships, with clients, colleagues and vendors.
33 days Holiday inc. public holidays
5% Pension contribution for Employee and 3% Employer
Health Cash back scheme
2x annual life assurance
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications, we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Or check similar jobs