Quantity Surveyor Main Contractor
18 Recruitment Limited
£50000 - £65000/annum
Are you interested in more Construction jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Our client is tier 1 Construction Contractor and they are currently recruiting for a Senior / Quantity Surveyor to join there Manchester team.
Purpose of Job
Responsible for the commercial control and management of projects ensuring that our parameters of project risk, commercial targets and ethics are both managed and achieved.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our clients commercial team responsible for delivering key new build projects from £10M - £65M across the region. The Quantity Surveyor will work closely with the commercial team in the Manchester office and may be responsible for a smaller project with the support of an experienced Senior or could make up a wider commercial team on one of our larger projects supporting from tender stage through to final account.
Having experience gained within the main contracting environment will be invaluable in this role, a sound understanding of NEC and JCT contract conditions and confidence in your ability to contribute to the commercial success of key projects through relevant experience will stand you in good stead.
Duties will vary from day to day but will include:
* Subcontract procurement – Negotiating with supply chain
* Subcontract package management
* Contract administration both with the employers Project Manager, and with supply chain
* Support SQS / MQS in producing value cost reconciliation reports
* Agreeing applications for payment and processing payments
* Producing and maintaining risk registers
* Agreement of final accounts
Experience / Qualifications
* Degree qualified - BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or similar qualification
* Proven experience working at similar level / role for a tier 1 Contractor and/or main contractor
Or check similar jobs