Sierra 57 Consult Ltd
£37000 - £40000/annum + Benefits detailed
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Working alongside our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer, as part of their growth plan we are looking for a QHSE Engineer to join their team.
As a QHSE Engineer you will be responsible for driving quality improvement throughout the business, using PPAP, 5 Why, FMEA, CPAP and Ishikawa.
You will be responsible for maintaining the Quality/Environmental (Integrated) & health and safety management systems.
The successful candidate must be an experienced Quality Engineer within a manufacturing, automotive or injection moulding environment, HSE experience would be highly desirable but training can be provided.
* Identify concerns and liaise with relevant internal and customer contacts until concerns are fully resolved using 8D and the appropriate problem-solving tools.
* Support the projects team with conducting drawing and specification reviews as part of feasibility studies as required.
* Actively participate in PFMEA meetings and subsequent reviews.
* Creation of SOPs for process activities.
* Conduct Internal Audits covering both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
* Identify 5S concerns and liaise with appropriate personnel.
* Support site emergency preparedness and operational controls
* Supporting onsite statutory annual programmes in partnership with maintenance team
* Support onsite waste management activities
* Annual review / creation of Risk Assessments – (Generic, PUWER, COSHH, DSE)
* Completion of internal HS&E walkthrough Inspections (with HS&E Committee members support)
* Take lead role for HS&E Committee meetings
* Support first-aid, near miss and accident investigations
* Complete monthly statistical analysis for QHSE Objective and Target KPI’s
* Support close out of NC’s and other findings from internal/external audits
* Plan and support Quality and Environmental management reviews
* Creation of procedures and other supporting documents controlled to IMS
* Maintaining site legal compliance for QHSE Management
* Lead and maintain ERP / MRP Quality system (Galion).
* Experienced Quality Engineer in a manufacturing, automotive or injection moulding environment.
* HSE experience would be highly desirable but training can be provided
* General understanding of CAD and interpreting 2D drawing data to GD&T standard.
* Competent in development of Quality Procedures, SOP quality control documentation.
* Experience with core tools
* Experienced in Environmental management.
* 8D and practicable problem solving trained.
* Trained in an industry recognised engineering qualification.
* Experienced in inspection techniques.
* Familiar with ERP / MRP solutions and usage
* IOSH /NEBOSH qualification
* 5S / Lean manufacturing experience
* Experienced in Injection moulding / tooling design and fundamentals.
* Experienced Internal Auditor in IATF16949/9001, ISO14001, Quality, Environmental Management.
* Environmental qualification (e.g. AIEMA Foundation)
* Experienced in CMM inspection equipment
* Pension scheme in line with legal requirements with 5% employee and 4% employer contribution
* Death in Service at 3 x salary
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Cycle to work scheme
* Help at Hand benefits scheme = Remote GP, Physiotherapy, Mental health support, Medical second opinion, Life, money and wellbeing support
* Discounted retail voucher scheme
* Free tea and coffee
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “QHSE Engineer”, “Quality Engineer”, “Senior Quality Technician”, “HSE”, “SHEQ”, “Automotive”, “NEBOSH”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications that meet the requirements of our client job brief. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK job positions work seekers must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics, Packaging & Precision Engineering
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles
Or check similar jobs