Assistant Customer Services Team Leader
MP Jobs Ltd t/a MP Recruitment Group
£26000 - £27500/annum
Are you interested in more Customer Services jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Summary of Job
To supervise the activity of more junior members of the Customer Services team and to take an active leading role in the day-to-day operation of the customer services department.
To deputise for the Customer Services Manager in his/her absence.
Reporting Structure Reporting to Customer Services Manager
Direct Staff Reports: 7 Subordinates for the Advisor Team Leader
* To work with the Customer Services Manager to organise the Customer Services Team to ensure that the daily work in the department is carried out in a timely and efficient manner contributing to the achievement of the
* department performance targets.
* To deputise for the Customer Services Manager as required
* To assist the Customer Services Manager by compiling requested information including service levels.
* To be responsible for staff recruitment for the Customer Services department
* To represent company’s and its services to existing and potential customers, providing advice and explanations of the testing process and administrative procedures by phone and by responding in writing in order to assist customers and gain sales.
* Point of contact for key customers, to handle queries and compile monthly and ad hoc reports for them as required. To be an expert in all aspects of the department’s activities, to manage the initial and ongoing training of Customer Services personnel, and to advise them on difficult issues in order to maintain consistent levels of service.
* Liaising with the commercial department and new customers to establish
* required service levels for new contracts
* Ability to give presentations, demonstrations and to lead team meetings
* when appropriate
* Complete a full investigation into department errors and implement processes to improve quality and reduce the number of errors
* Monitor customer satisfaction for the key customer group either by phone, in writing or by customer visits, and take necessary action to ensure they receive the highest levels of service.
* Educated to at least GCSE level, preferably to A level
* Experience of customer services with administrative experience
* Experience in working in a confidential and sensitive environment
* Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and in house database packages
* Excellent interpersonal skills to manage staff
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Works in a well Structured and ordered fashion
* Flexible and able to handle a range of tasks
* Calm and composed in busy times
* Excellent telephone manner
Hours of work 8.30 – 6pm (one shift 8.30-5 and one 9.30-6) then for the customer services roles there is a rota to cover a Monday late shift every 5-6 weeks where the shift would be 10.30 – 7pm.
* 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
* Non-contributory pension scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Subsidised gym membership
* 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
* 9.5 times annual salary paid to a nominated beneficiary in the event of death in service
* Free parking
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job
Or check similar jobs