Senior Automation Engineer
Venatu Consulting Ltd
£40000 - £70000/annum
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Remote, Hybrid, Permanent work with a forward thinking company
Salary is negotiable around £40,000- £70,000 per year DOE
Do you want to work in a rapidly growing, sustainable company who have ambitious growth plans?
Monday-Friday 40 hours
· 29 days paid holiday
· Ongoing personal development programme to develop your career and potential.
· Enhanced pension scheme 4% contributed by the company after probation.
· Private healthcare for the family after probation.
· Death in Service x2.
· Profit share bonus scheme.
· Crane specialists with expertise in marine, offshore, port, shipyards, construction and industrial sectors
· Degree qualified in Electronics or Automation or Mechatronics . HND/HNC/NVQL3 with experience will be considered
· Knowledgeable and experienced coding on Siemens systems
· Knowledgeable of SCADA systems
· Capable of working on your own without any supervision
· Have Strong managerial and organisational skills
· Have a methodical and dynamic approach
· Have Good communication skills
· Have onshore or offshore crane and lifting experience
· Have a good understanding of HSEQ requirements offshore
· Have excellent IT skills, MS project, Excel, word and others
· Minimum 5 years experience in design and maintenance of electrical and PLC systems
· Responsible for overseeing tenders, offers, design and engineering
· Provide technical and fault-finding support for electrical and PLC systems
· Develop and assist with review of PLC specifications, logic tables and FDS documents.
· Preparation of automation project documentation and certification packages.
· Preparation of PLC logic flow/process charts for fault finding purposes.
· Preparation of Factory Acceptance Test procedures, running FAT with client witness.
· Retrieval of PLC programming code from existing PLC systems for the purpose of reverse engineering or upgrading.
· Engineering design and coding related to electrical and PLC systems for onshore and offshore cranes and lifting equipment.
· Preparation of workpacks and other documentation.
· Project management activities including all technical and commercial aspects of projects.
· Undertake offshore and onshore surveys and project workscopes.
· Familiarisation with client’s and companies HSEQ policies and procedures.
· Familiarisation with client’s and company Safety policy and the Safety Management System.
· To identify safe and environmentally sound methods of work and systems which identify hazards at each place of work.
· Be familiar with relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and good industry practice.
· Plan, organise and document client work processes to deliver the required standard with minimum risk to personnel, plant, materials and the environment.
· Give company personnel and subcontractors precise instruction in order to implement safe methods of work and pre-defined communication lines between client and company.
· Encourage personnel engaged on project/contract to develop an acceptable safety and environmental culture, which encourages near miss and accident reporting.
· To act immediately on any breach of company rules which come to attention and where required report to line manager in relation to those breaches.
· To be alert to any inadequacies of the effectiveness of the management system and to bring such inadequacies to the attention of line management.
· Provide Project Management and engineering support for offshore crane repairs, refurbishment, operation and maintenance.
Are you interested in learning more about:
A company that values its employees, where you are more than just a number?
A company where your ambitions are matched with by the opportunity within a company, where you are supported to maximise your ambitions?
To join this fantastic company on their journey apply today
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00-£70,000.00 per year
Or check similar jobs