European Business Development Manager
Whitehall Recruitment LTD
Are you interested in more Other jobs?Apply on Partner Site
European Business Development Manager – Barrier Film Plastics – Ref 2322
With sustainability at the forefront of development, our Client manufactures a range of adaptive bio-based material technologies which are water-soluble and formulated to biodegrade entirely. Used in combination with other materials it serves to enhance recyclability and end-of-life options.
The European Business Development Manager is required to deliver a sales pipeline of the current range of validated products in line with the agreed monthly and annual forecast. Furthermore, to develop and grow an appropriate sales pipeline to ensure that new products arrive in the market at the right time to continue our Clients growth. You will be responsible for this new business across both UK and Europe utilising Distributors where appropriate.
* To work with the CEO on formulating a sales strategy for the introduction of their bio-based material as a replacement polymer to agreed markets/converters/end-user brands.
* Utilise the technical knowledge and experience of the Commercial Product Manager to identify opportunities gained from their respective relationship with an end-user’s reciprocal technical representative
* Concentrate on converting sales of product which have been technically signed off as market-ready and demonstrate a credible pipeline;
* In conjunction with the PMO, build a library of pricing information to understand what the market will bear, and to enable quicker pricing decisions;
* Collaborate supportively and professionally with all Commercial Product Managers in the delivery of Technical Transfer protocol recognising the part they play in enabling a sale;
* To share best practice for sales and technical transfer with the wider global Business Development team through close collaboration and shared knowledge to enhance the global product offering
* Use costing and supply pricing models to give quotes for orders, documented through administration systems and SOPs (i.e. PO’s and order acknowledgments) as directed by CFO
* Ensure all NDA’s and confidentiality documentation is completed by external partners and stakeholders as per company processes
* Provide sales forecast monthly as requested and prepare a ’Business review’ presentation monthly as part of revenue forecasts and compare with actual figures achieved
* Partner with the Head of Marketing to ensure that our Clients brand, values and points of difference are clearly marketed across your region taking into any account any specific nuances which may be required
* A formal qualification in chemistry, chemical engineering, production engineering or a strong understanding of the polymer industry
* Any formal experience of the product realisation process – especially gained in extrusion coatings seen in the packaging sector – will be advantageous;
* Extensive travel across Europe – potentially up to 2-3 times per month dependent on customer requirement.
* Car allowance of £5400 per annum, 25 days holiday plus 8 days statutory, company pension scheme with company contribution of 5% and performance related bonus.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemical, Polymer, Coatings and Life Science based Industries
Or check similar jobs