Are you interested in more Social Care jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Our client is looking to recruit a Service Manager for the day to day management of staff, professional therapists, tutors and volunteers engaged in client rehabilitation activities.
Taking a pro-active role in assisting the Chief Executive to develop and fulfil strategic plans established/approved by the board and to manage the total operations of the centre.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised rehabilitation plans
• Liaise with interdisciplinary teams over service user rehabilitation
• Ensure that all service users (or when they are not able relatives) are given the opportunity to participate fully in the service planning process
• Maintain all records in line with procedures
• Carry out all procedures in line with Unit policies
• Ensure the team provide all rehabilitation in line with the care/activity plans
• Organise the admission, continuing care and discharge of service users, including the carrying out of home visits prior to attendance.
• Maintain high standards of service delivery through working within the Unit Minimum Standards framework and participate in Unit quality audits.
• Maintain high standards of service delivery as identified and required within Local Authority contracts and Service Level Agreements.
• Ensure that rehabilitation is provided in such a way as to promote independence and the quality of life of the service users.
• Contribute to the smooth running of the Centre by providing sound leadership and supervision as necessary
• Take charge of all rehabilitation/social care/ service delivery, planning and allocating tasks as appropriate
• Maintain good communication and liaison within the centre.
• Ensure that any incidents are reported appropriately
• Liaise with the Chief Executive to manage the level of stores, equipment and the fabric of the Centre
• Liaise with the Chief Executive to ensure that the service is run within its projected budget target
• Encourage innovation and personal development within the team, reviewing roles and functions as appropriate with the Chief Executive.
• Foster good relationships with volunteers and delegate management of their activities
• Regularly check with service users that their needs are being met by the service.
• Ensure effective performance management of staff through systems of recruitment, induction, development, discipline, supervision and appraisal.
Education, Training and Development
• Attend all mandatory training as required
• Attend all staff meetings and training as required
• Identify any personal unmet training needs and seek to meet them
• Identify training needs of the team at supervision and appraisal
• Work within the training budget
• Arrange and contribute to induction programme for new staff
• Formally supervise and conduct annual appraisal for other team members
• Provide training, demonstration and guidance to carers and colleagues as appropriate
• Actively participate in conferences, seminars and external meetings in order to promote the work of the charity and the interests of adults with acquired brain injury.
• Promote the unit and its services within the community and to the visitor
• Avoid the disclosure of any confidential information
• Make recommendations for improvements within the service
• Educated to degree level and/or extensive brain injury rehabilitation experience
• Degree in Psychology and/or neurology/neuroscience or other heath degree (desired)
• Post graduate degree in business or management, or willing to enrol
Essential experience, knowledge, skills, abilities:
• Evidence of team leadership and management to include recruitment, resourcing, induction, performance management and development, managing sickness and discipline, supervision and appraisal.
• Evidence of contributing to successful strategy development and implementation taking account of latest thinking and innovations in the sector
• Good working knowledge of brain injury and the consequences of the effects
• Evidence of ability to engage and communicate with all levels or staff members, client groups and external organisations
• Evidence of excellent organisation and planning skills
• Evidence of ability to keep up to date, accurate, relevant records of sometimes highly sensitive information
• Evidence of ability to prioritise workload and manage own time
• Evidence of ability to cope in a demanding environment to include managing competing demands whilst ensuring outstanding service delivery
• Evidence of ability to work unsupervised
• Evidence of having managed projects using project management tools, techniques and methodologies
• Evidence of proficiency, accuracy and speed in keyboard skills
• Must be a driver with UK full driving licence required for meetings, assessments, and training
• Be a car owner.
• Have a friendly, caring, warm, sensitive, calm, empathetic nature
• Professional, proactive, resourceful, autonomous
• Confident, assertive, organised, self-motivated
• Team focused, collaborative, holistic
• Reliable, flexible, dependable
Hours of work are 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Or check similar jobs