BAM Construct && Ventures UK Ltd
Are you interested in more Construction jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Construction are recruiting a Planner based out of our Hemel Hempstead Offices and on site covering projects in the Northern Home Counties.
• Preparation of design, procurement and construction programmes using Elecosoft Powerproject for the following:
• pre -qualifications, tenders and live projects.
• dentifying and selecting the appropriate techniques and sequence of events for each project.
• Analysing sites and local environments to determine appropriate logistics solutions and resources.
• Using specialist planning computer software, including Synchro or similar.
• Preparing logistics plans and phasing layouts, using PowerPoint; ability to model in 3D would be an advantage, but not essential.
• Writing method statements.
• Scheduling labour, selecting of major plant and access equipment including scaffold schedules, tower crane utilisation and temporary works.
• Attending and presenting at client interviews.
• Preparing detailed working programmes.
• Agreeing subcontractor trade programmes.
• Monitoring progress throughout the pre -construction and construction process; and comparing this with the projected schedule of work.
• Reporting findings and recommending solutions to recover delays.
• Recording relevant events for potential entitlement claims.
• Using graphical and schedule media to reflect progress, event impacts and forecasts.
• Liaising with and supporting the rest of Project Team throughout the process; making adjustments to project plans as necessary.
• Providing advice and support on the development of specific systems of working.
• Preparing project and activity feedback reports.
• Helping to develop the company's planning processes and procedures.
• Liaising with and coordinating trade contractor's programmes on site.
Who are we looking for?
• Appropriately trained and knowledgeable in Health and Safety (e.g. CSCS, SMSTS)
• Demonstrable experience in tenders and contracts administered under JCT and NEC forms of contract.
• Understanding of Planning best practices
• Ideally Degree qualified, minimum qualification to HNC, HND level.
• Experience in using Powerproject, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word;
• Experience in SketchUp and Synchro would be an advantage.
• Knowledge in MS Project and Primavera P6 (preferred but not essential).
• Knowledge and practice in 3D/4D modelling (preferred but not essential).
• Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment or as an individual.
• Good understanding of construction technics, sequencing & methodology.
What’s in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
The art of building is about building for communities; it’s about building for life.
Where others stop, we go further, leading the way towards a sustainable tomorrow for us and future generations. As an industry leader, we raise the bar.
Our values: sustainable, inclusive, collaborative, reliable and ownership, enable us to achieve our ambitions. Today, tomorrow and every day.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at any time you feel you may need any reasonable adjustments, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you
Or check similar jobs