Tutor Pre Employment - Brick - Level 2 - Construction Crafts
Construction Skills People
£35000 - £40000/annum
Are you interested in more Education jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQ, Programmes for the unemployed and Compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering the qualifications and training that enable our clients to achieve compliance under CSCS & CPCS schemes.
We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Pre-Employment Tutors to join our existing team. This role will require the successful candidate to fully embrace our business ethos to ensure learner completion is achieved to the highest quality.
The role will encompass, teaching, learning and development of learners, which requires the delivery of high-quality teaching, assessment, and support to the classroom performance of the learners, with e-portfolio building using OneFile, ensuring that all required funding paperwork is completed.
The potential candidate will have experience in delivering flexible and blended training with e-portfolio in a classroom-based environment. Specialising in Construction theory and Health and Safety as mandatory topics. The role will cover multiple delivery locations between academies as required across South Yorkshire and the East Midlands reporting to the Academy Manager.
The successful candidate will deliver a specialist 4-week level 2 trade programme that not only introduces the learner to a specific trade but also develops practical skills and knowledge for employment within the sector. Mentoring and support of learners with the completion of a OneFile e-portfolio and associated funding paperwork
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Deliver pre-defined curriculum to a very high standard, to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours of your learners.
* Completion of all learner and course related documentation, this will include learner files and relevant tracking documents during the delivery of the course.
* Mentor, observe and assess learners in the classroom and or workshop, providing feedback and guidance to ensure learning standards are met and qualifications are attained within the programme.
* Offering information, advice, and guidance to promote the development and progression of learners.
* Meet company, funding & awarding organisation requirements.
* Assessing the learners’ e-portfolio of evidence to verify achievements have been met.
Skills, Experience and Qualities:
* Experience of classroom-based delivery.
* Demonstrable experience of working with a diverse range of learners.
* IT literate.
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Able to follow processes.
* Enthusiasm in the workplace.
* Work well under pressure.
* Experience within Construction is desirable but not essential depending on role.
* A teaching qualification at a minimum of PTLLS or Level 3 AET.
* An assessor award or qualification.
* Ideally a level 3 qualification or occupational competence.
* Maths and English qualifications at Level 2 or above.
A competitive salary
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays along with 2 extra days annual leave after 2 years’ service
Employer contributory pension scheme
A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
Equality and Diversity
It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
To promote health, safety, and welfare throughout the Group.
To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g., dealing with learner issues i.e., safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check
The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost, and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
Or check similar jobs