Assistant Finance Manager
£25000 - £30000/annum 3% Flex Fund
Are you interested in more Accounting/Financial/Insurance jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Are you seeking steps into or building on a financial career? Do you have experience within a financial department?
NHS Shared Business Services are currently seeking an Assistant Finance Manager to join our Employment Services department. This is a key role within a team which provides payroll, HR, and pensions services to the NHS. You will report into the Employment Services Finance Manager and form a key part of the wider team of finance professionals in NHS SBS.
The Assistant Finance Manager will be acting as a finance business partner to the Employment Services director and senior management team. The role will include supporting the business with key decisions, financial analysis, business cases, and resolution of issues.
This is a hybrid working role with the requirement to attend the Southampton office once a week, which ensures the team are in tune and close knit. This office offers free hot drinks, free parking, and outstanding views of Town Quay as well as being located near too great transport links.
What you’ll be doing:
* Preparing monthly financial performance reporting for the Employment Services management team, for the NHS Shared Business Services Executive team and for the parent company.
* Playing a key role in respect of annual budget and monthly forecasting cycles as well as analysing risks and opportunities against forecasts.
* Maintaining and reconciling the balance sheet and managing cash flow performance.
* Producing pricing models for standard sales opportunities and contract renewals.
* Producing informative management information.
What you’ll bring:
* Experience of working in a finance department.
* Successful completion of entry and potentially mid-level accountancy qualification examinations.
* Ability to diligently check and validate numbers and challenge assumptions.
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with business colleagues as well as the confidence to challenge where necessary.
* Working knowledge of maintaining financial forecast models and carrying out month end process.
It would be great if you had:
* Experience of Oracle Financials.
* Astute with an analytical mind especially with numbers.
* A degree is desirable.
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Southampton (or surrounding areas)
Security Clearance Level: BPSS
Internal Recruiter: Kayleigh
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the choice to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about Sector/Company?
NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) was created by the Department of Health and Social Care to deliver corporate services to the NHS. A unique joint venture with Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital services and software development, we make life easier for NHS employees, patients, and suppliers, and deliver value for money to the taxpayer. Proud members of the NHS family, we provide finance & accounting, digital, procurement and workforce services to more than half the NHS in England, and our solutions are underpinned by cutting-edge technologies and our teams’ expertise, in-depth understanding of the NHS, and commitment to service excellence.
We share common values and unity of purpose with the rest of the NHS family, are committed to being a force for good, and are dedicated and empowered to act responsibly and sustainably at organisational, team and individual level.
Would you like to join us on our journey?
Or check similar jobs