Dilectus Recruitment Solutions
£40000 - £45000/annum Double pension 15%, bonus, hybrid
Are you interested in more IT jobs?Apply on Partner Site
NETWORK ENGINEER (GLOBAL NETWORKS): FIFE BASED HYBRID WORKING, WORLD LEADING ENERGY COMPANY. £40-45K BASIC PLUS EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS. FANTASTIC ROLE WITH A REAL OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND BE INVOLVED IN OUR CLIENT'S DIGITAL REVOLUTION!
The job on offer:
Our client is undergoing a digital revolution. Their Enterprise Network is critical to how they work, truly a service that enables the business at all levels of company operations.
The Network Engineer will join a team of engineers from around the world to maintain, upgrade and develop the business network infrastructure. Daily responsibilities will be a mix of operational support, business driven projects and internal IDS initiatives.
The Services in the scope are:
* All Network topics with primary focus on the EMEA and Global Fleet.
* Network special projects globally
* Ensures proper delivery of services within scope to the clients;
* Evaluate new/innovative technologies and architectures
* Help define network design for regional sites;
* Keep network documentation for sites updated;
* Manage network changes/projects within regional scope;
* Manage Network device version upgrades;
* Produce reports, proposals, technical documentation
* Resolution of service desk requests as necessary;
* Riverbed management and troubleshooting where applicable;
* Troubleshooting major network and performance incidents;
* Troubleshooting network incidents within regional scope;
Job scope (budget, management, specific criteria):
All site network infrastructure including but not limited to: VPN’s, Riverbeds, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless, general LAN/WAN, VOIP;
* Good understanding of Cisco routers and switches.
* Knowledge of Cisco IOS and Nexus switches.
* Switching protocols like EtherChannel’s, STP, VLAN’s, VTP, etc.
* Routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
* Support of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
* Exposure to SD-WAN technologies like VMware VeloCloud.
* Knowledge of management tools SolarWinds Orion, Cisco ISE, Thousand Eyes and Cisco DNA
* Cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, OCI.
* Knowledge of Riverbed WAN accelerators.
* Load balancing experience with F5
* Understanding of high latency/low bandwidth VSAT connections
* Ability to troubleshoot operational incidents on the network.
* Ability to create and propose solutions to improve infrastructure.
* Able to work in a Global environment and culture, with flexible hour concept.Collaborate with other teams within IDS to achieve internal goals.
Typical background and experience required:
Fundamental to the role is the ability to Interact with global multi-national team and willingness to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
Able to work and contribute to a team environment;
Able to work in an on-call rota;
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent work experience;
Experience of ITIL methodology or structured IT best practice framework;
Experience of working with onshore networks and networks for remote sites and offshore installations;
Flexible attitude to working hours;
Initiative and ability to multitask with multiple projects and work independently if necessary;
Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in support & implementation role on supporting large heterogeneous enterprise network infrastructure;
Strong or excellent communication skill in English.
Nice to have:
Minimum Cisco certified level of CCNA;
Strong personal efficiency and problem-solving skills; very concerned by security and standardisation/rationalisation aspects.
Knowledge of TechnipFMC Business processes;
Familiarity with ITIL processes
Or check similar jobs