Engineering Project Manager
Alexandrite Recruitment Ltd
Southend On Sea
£55000 - £65000/annum
Are you interested in more Electronics jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Hours: Mon – Friday Days
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000pa
Our Essex based client is a successful and innovative family run business, with a reputation for excellence and has been steadily growing for almost 30 years. They specialise in designing, developing and manufacturing a wide range of gas detection products to UK and international clients.
As the business expands and grows, with more and more clients needing their level of experience within their respective market, they have recognised the need to invest in a new role and recruit a Product Manager
The role of the Product Manager is to lead and supervise the development of products. To manage and support the R&D department. To oversee the life-cycle of products coming into the department from conception to manufacture through to release, site testing, reviews and change management and to ensure that product processes are efficient and effective through every stage in order to meet the needs of the business and its customers.
* To take the lead and supervise the development of products.
* To oversee the life-cycle and process of products including testing, release, site testing, reviews and change management.
* To manage and support the R&D team in the development of products.
* To plan and prioritise the development of new products and manage/delegate projects within the R&D Department.
* To create project timelines and implement schedules.
* To implement and manage change through processes and procedures to ensure the smooth running of projects through the product’s life cycle.
* To compile product/project status reports, provide regular updates to the management team and keep projects in line with deadlines and targets
* To work closely with the Commercial Director to understand and evaluate the product requirements of the customers and to interpret those needs for team members within the R&D Department.
* To liaise with the Technical Director and other Product Managers/Quality Manager to ensure that products are developed according to customers’ needs/requirements.
* To liaise with customers as and when necessary.
* To liaise with the Production Director/Department.
* To liaise with the Purchasing Department to deliver cost savings and ensure developments are viable in terms of supply chain.
* To ensure costs and budgetary requirements are not exceeded.
* Educated to degree level in Electronics/Engineering Degree
* Project Management skills
* Leadership and management experience (proven)
* Project Management (proven)
* Knowledge and experience of electrical/electronic product development and/or technology including analogue and digital design (schematics circuitry, coding and programming).
* Experience in PCB units and digital circuits (microcontrollers).
* Knowledge/experience in product safety, standards and compliance.
* Knowledge/experience of manufacturing techniques and processes.
* Experience of working within management systems (ISO9001).
* Have extensive knowledge of specific areas of product development
Or check similar jobs