Electrical Fitter HV Substations
People in Power
Bury St. Edmunds
£35000 - £45000/annum
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Our client are a turnkey project provider in the High Voltage market where they work on projects from LV up to 132kV who are looking for Electrical Fitters to carry out various duties to ensure successful delivery of projects and maintenance contracts. The successful applicant shall be able and willing to carry out the following day to day duties:
* Maintenance of High Voltage electrical switchgear including basic testing.
* Installation of High/Low Voltage electrical Switchgear.
* Installation maintenance of Transformers.
* Have good working knowledge of HV/LV electrical substations and equipment.
* Have a good understanding of HV Networks.
* Have a basic understanding of protection systems
This is a home based with travel nationwide and therefore will welcome applicants with an appetite to work overtime whilst also being prepared to travel and stay away from home when required.
* Suitable mechanical or electrical qualification - City & Guilds, ONC, 18th Edition and/or relevant experience.
* Basic operational knowledge of electrical or mechanical systems.
* Previous experience of working on HV substation sites including elec/mech fitting or jointing experience in a open Busbar environment
* Good operational knowledge of electrical power distribution systems
Or check similar jobs