Concepting System Design Engineer
Cirrus Selection Limited
£35000 - £55000/annum Excellent Bonus & Benefits
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Do you want to join a business, who value inclusivity, a three-time gold investor in people award winner, an advocate of supporting women in engineering and developing their people to be the best they can be?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Concepting System Design Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth. Our Special Projects Radio Frequency (RF) and Low Observability (LO) System Team champion early pre-concept and concept definition of revolutionary new and novel systems and capabilities, incorporating a range of technologies in the domains of RF directed energy and active & passive stealth.
Forming an integral bridge between technology specialists, system and sub-system designers, and programmes management and business development areas of the Special Projects sector, the concepting team’s core role is to bring these exciting RF/LO ideas to life for both stakeholders and customers.
Benefits of working here:
* State of the art technology & innovation
* External learning and development encouraged.
* Light and airy university type campus.
* Friendly environment!
* Restaurant, On site Medical Centre, Parking / Easy Access to train station, Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop, Sports & Social Club and More
What you will be doing
* Leading/conducting early life-cycle investigations, answering “what if”, “when” and “how” questions for future concepts.
* Supporting technology specialists and system definition through carrying out trade studies, interacting with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Leading the development of the system design for future concepts through maturing system, sub-system, and equipment level requirements, and analysing and assessing key performance attributes.
* Working with other domains and project areas within the company, and UK equipment and technology suppliers to deliver concept definitions, technology demonstrations, and showcase ground-breaking future capabilities.
* Systems engineering experience in any of the following will be beneficial:
* System functional architecture definition, requirement development and management.
* Conducting trade studies, investigating conflicts in requirements and designs, and identifying credible options.
* Working independently on technically complicated problems or within a small team, delivering at a significant pace.
You will need to obtain UK Security Clearance for this role. This will require you to either be a UK Citizen or UK Dual Citizen. Some restrictions may apply.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment
Or check similar jobs