Data Centre Engineer
Trevett Project Services
£38000 - £44000/annum
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Data Centre Engineer
£38K - £44K
Day Shift Hours 8.00am - 17.00pm
As the post holder, you will be expected to have an extensive understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & Associated Assets). As the member of the engineering team, you will manage effective inspections, operations, and maintenance of all associated assets within the critical facility, with a primary focus on critical facilities risk management, enhancing the quality of the service delivery through effective leadership of the shift team.
You will ensure that the conduct of any personnel under your control is safe, professional, and conscientious.
Driving a Safety-First culture throughout the team on the account, lead through your experience and knowledge of safe systems of works and compliance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Operate all MEP systems within the Critical Facility/Data Centre in a competent, and confident manner (including MV/LV Electrical isolations/operations).
* Making recommendations for improvement and supplying concise technical reports when needed.
* Ensure that Specialist Vendors service visits are completed efficiently, and quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated back to the FM team and Account Manager.
* Ensuring minimum staffing arrangements are always kept.
* Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks. Utilizing the Corrigo platform.
* Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as proactive participation through relevant EOP scenario drills (BEST or MOCK Drills).
* Completing the weekly reports, ensuring that significant events or activities are noted and effectively communicated to JLL FM team.
* Actively take part and complete Health and Safety compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular attendance/completion of scheduled Toolbox Talks.
* Accountable for the compliance with JLL MEP process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders, ensuring risk management documentation (MOP, SOP or EOP) is in place for all critical works.
* Consult with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial/corrective works.
* Undertake Site Specific Technical Assessments and Skills Gap Analysis at intervals defined by Jlour client.
* Take ownership of areas (including all plant rooms) under JLL control, ensuring they are brought up too and kept to the required show site standards.
* Efficient and Effective completion of Corrigo Work Orders that have been distributed, ensuring that Work Orders have been acknowledged and completed within SLA.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Critical Environments such as Banking HQ and Data Centres.
* 18th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation (Ability to reach 18th Edition through added training if you have 17th Edition)
* LV Authorised Person (A Bonus)
* Electrical/Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or similar
* C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds.
* C&G 2391 test and inspection; BS 7671:2001 for inspection, testing and certification.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
* Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
* Have good IT and report writing skills.
* Ability to work under pressure whilst still being calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints
Or check similar jobs