Junior Buyer & Sales Analyst
Primrose - Cercis
£30000 - £35000/annum
Are you interested in more Retail/Purchasing jobs?Apply on Partner Site
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly team and contribute to the growth and success of an ecommerce garden retailer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the growth and development of their own categories, under the coaching and guidance of our experienced buyers.
They will also be responsible for analysing historic sales in live product and looking for opportunities to grow and develop the category further.
Key aspects of the role:
* Identify product and brand opportunities, developing ranges to maximise the opportunity to meet demand.
* Responsible for sales and margin performance of their categories
* Analyse data and work closely with the Plants purchasing team to take advantage of any current sales opportunities.
* Monitor market activity and gather market intelligence to inform decisions on pricing, delivery, value proposition and product range.
* Maintain excellent supplier relationships and execute negotiations to a high level.
* Negotiation and maintenance of terms and conditions with suppliers.
* Be a representative of the organisation to a variety of external and internal stakeholders.
* Forecast sales trends and use qualitative data to make judgements on future orders.
* Work closely with other departments to develop short- and long-term category specific plans.
Essential Skills / Experience:
* Minimum 1 years’ experience within a purchasing team in a retail environment.
* Highly analytical, able to work with data in order to draw conclusions and take action.
* Experience of working with sales and margins.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Able to work under pressure in a highly seasonal business.
* Good understanding of the forecasting process.
* Strong communicator who must be able to communicate to a variety of stakeholders, in particular developing key supplier relationships.
* Must be open to travel.
* Highly proficient in Excel / Google Sheets.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
* Experience within an ecommerce environment.
* Far East, hard goods import experience.
* Degree level education.
* Any category specific product knowledge.
* Understanding of retail best practice (pricing rules, etc.)
Or check similar jobs