Contract Personnel Limited
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Contract Personnel are actively recruiting on behalf of one of the world’s largest gas control companies!
With over 100 years’ experience in the design, development and manufacture of specialty medical, technical and industrial gas control products.
Start, train and be part of the journey!
Job Title - Mechanical Assembler
Hourly Rate - £10.50
Location - Diss, Norfolk
Hours - Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 16:30, Friday 07:30 - 13:30
As an Mechanical Assembler within assembly room your primary role will be:
• To produce a range of brass and stainless steel gas control products, to exacting quality standards
• Play an active role in achieving departmental objectives
• Must be physically fit, as the role involves standing for long periods, and some manual handling
• The ability to work to deadlines
Your key responsibilities:
• To build and test products under minimum supervision, in accordance with standard operating procedures
• Assembly of a quality product, adopting a ‘right first time, on time’ approach; whilst maintaining the required level of quality and efficiency throughout the production run
• Take a responsible attitude to health, safety and the environment in relation to your own role, and that of your colleagues. Report any related issues to your supervisor, or EHS representative
Your key duties and activities:
• Interpret and follow drawings, routings, bills of materials, process sheets, to accurately assemble products
• Be able to use a range of equipment, such as hand tools, power tools, non-powered presses, automated and non-automated machinery
• Carry out all work tasks in accordance with established standard operating and safety procedures
• Complete all tasks to the standard times, as defined within the routing
• Perform ‘in process’ inspections of the product to ensure quality standards
• Identify product defects, and take appropriate action
• Ensure Kanban or any other stock discrepancies are reported
• Make a positive contribution in maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, tidy and well organised; participation in ‘5S’ activities is mandatory and part of the role
• Ensure that all equipment is used correctly, and returned to its designated storage area on the completion of a job; in a clean and sound condition
• Carry out any other tasks, that are reasonable and within your capability; as requested by your supervisor, or line manager
• Attend and participate in any relevant training courses, toolbox talks or briefings that the Company consider to be of benefit to you; or the department
Any other duties, as requested by the client.
Is this you?
Hit the apply button
Or check similar jobs