Quanity Surveryor Energy
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Aberla Energy is part of the Svella group of companies, a portfolio of businesses with expertise in energy and telecoms infrastructure, logistics and construction. Our management team has over 75 years' experience designing and deploying value-adding energy infrastructure across the UK.
Our client base is diverse, ranging from public sector organisations such as councils and universities to blue chip industrial, manufacturing and fulfilment companies, and private investors.
Our approach is holistic, we assist with the development of energy strategies, consultancy, design and installation, commissioning and O&M. We take pride in being a long-term and reliable partner to the organisations we work with.
Overview of role:
An opportunity exists to join a small experience dynamic team to add value within a business and join an exciting journey with a company with huge aspirations. Working with new and existing clients you will be responsible for ensuring that the commercial activities within the business area are delivered to maximise revenue and profit, whilst ensuring that commercial risk is effectively managed by the appropriate delivery of client and contractor contracts.
* Assist in establishing client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies to ensure their brief can be achieved within the given cost parameters.
* Prepare and analyse project costings for tenders and negotiated projects.
* Prepare and execute Sub-Contractor contract documents in line with Main Contract principles
* Perform risk, value management and cost control during construction.
* Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
* Monitor and respond accordingly to any contractual claims and disputes that arise on projects
* Complete regular cash flows for live projects
* Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
* Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
* Understand, lead and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on a project(s) / contract(s).
* Maximise business cash flow by ensuring that all project documents are accurate, invoices/applications and payment certificates are processed effectively and efficiently each month on time and in full.
* Create, track and maintain project revenue and margin throughout the project lifecycle
* Quantify commercial impacts of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
* Monthly KPI’s include deadline achievement for payment certs, applications, invoicing and financial reporting.
* Completion of monthly CFR’s
* Project final accoun
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated:
* In-depth knowletdge of the Energy Efficiency or Regeneration / Construction, M&E or Renewable markets and its current events
* 5 years’ experience in a Quantity Surveyors capacity including BSc (Hons) Degree in Quantity Surveying (or working towards)
* Strong communication and IT fluency
* Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems.
* The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
* Excellent time management and organisation
* Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
* Attend training, industry exhibitions and client workshops to develop relevant knowledge and skills
For the right candidates we offer an attractive benefits package in a rapidly expanding forward thinking company. Competitive salary depending upon experience and qualifications. - Please reveiw the company website for full details
Or check similar jobs