£50000 - £65000/annum
Are you interested in more IT jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 per annum dependent on experience
Role: Permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey – Opportunity for hybrid working
Livewire Digital designs Software Defined Networking (SDN) solutions that provide reliable, optimised communications links that operate over cellular, terrestrial and satellite services. Combining networking knowledge with expertise in broadcast video, electronics and mechanical engineering, Livewire Digital offer leading edge products and bespoke systems to a broad range of markets and organisations.
RazorLink Smart Networking is currently developed and deployed with global satellite operators, major broadcasters, and government organisations including military, within environments where our technology is mission critical. In-house automated testing frameworks are being developed, integrating real-world and simulated networks, including capabilities to test and validate service scaling within cloud environments. We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, document, implement, and evolve the HCaaS database framework in conjunction with the development team. The role also involves working with the development team to implement and evolve new development and test environments.
Software Engineer - Main duties:
* Design, set up, document, and manage database environments, enabling the progression of projects from PoC through to post-production.
* Coordinate with engineers to create and maintain database frameworks and API.
* Provide input to the management team on the risks and dependencies associated with database design that could impact project delivery.
* Document, track, and trace any bugs, issues, or new undocumented features, and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
* Communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
* Support key customers with advice and troubleshooting and coach and mentor future staff members.
Do you have:
* Bachelor's/master’s degree in computer science, IT, or equivalent experience.
* Experience working with and configuring PostgreSQL.
* Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics, and isolation levels.
* Fluent with programming and scripting languages – e.g., Bash, Python, C++, Go.
* Use of collaborative working tools such as the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence).
* Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
* Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.
* In-depth understanding of data management (e.g., permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
* Ability to write database queries and code while maintaining data quality, privacy, and security.
* Familiarity with Defect Tracking systems such as Jira, Office 365 applications and Confluence.
* Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and with high-value customers.
* An excellent team player with the ability to communicate clearly and take ownership and responsibility, whilst reverting to stakeholders if necessary.
* Self-motivated with strong analytical skills, excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
* A good problem-solver with the ability to learn quickly and to profile issues and clearly communicate solutions and workarounds.
* Possessing a methodical approach to design, including the ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds and capable of authoring and maintaining well-structured documentation.
Nice to haves:
The below experience is highly desirable although not essential:
* Tools such as PostGraphile and GraphQL.
* NoSQL databases (e.g., Apache Cassandra) and NoSQL support in PostgreSQL.
* Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (Git, Jenkins, Bamboo)
* Kubernetes Administration, Docker, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or Puppet.
* AWS (and/or other) cloud computing infrastructures and services.
* Time-series databases (e.g., KairosDB).
* Linux system administration from within a CLI-based (shell) environment.
* Message queuing, full-text indexing, and other high-performance data concepts.
* Ability to profile databases, write efficient database code and procedures without compromising data quality, privacy, or security and and a good grasp of ETL concepts.
Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme.
Holiday – 25 days plus bank holidays .
Company share option scheme.
Discretionary bonus scheme.
The successful Software Engineer will join a rapidly expanding company at the forefront of the global communications technology industry, providing cutting-edge solutions based on our RazorLink Smart Networking technology.
Right to Work in the UK: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work, we are unable to sponsor visa’s.
We will respond to your application as soon as possible. Please bear with us, we are experiencing high numbers of applications at present
Or check similar jobs