Health & Safety Advisor
£30000 - £35000/annum car allowance
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
We are a global knowledge enterprise specialising in the energy and water sector. We offer specialist domain and digital solutions and services.
We work with energy and water networks offering end to end solutions and services ranging from advisory, engineering services, operational transformation, digital and data solutions.
Enzen are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join us on our joint venture with a leading gas provider. This will be working closely with our client on a long term project covering the West Midlands area. Wolverhampton being base location for this position with requirement to travel to project sites across the West Midlands as the business needs.
As a member of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Team you will work with your fellow Advisors to provide consistent and professional advice, guidance and support to the operational teams in order that they meet their operational objectives and targets.
In doing so you will liaise with the Project Managers and Supervisors, The Client and the LDP employees to drive continued and sustained improvement in our safety and health performance.
You will monitor and review the performance of delivery teams to ensure that processes are successfully implemented to ensure that it meets its legal and moral commitments regarding quality, the environment and the health, safety and wellbeing of our teams and those who work with us.
* Provide safety and health (S&H) advice and support to the operational teams including, but not limited to:
1. the identification of S&H risks and provision of advice on possible solutions and remedial actions;
2. the engagement of staff and LDPs in improving S&H performance and achieving S&H objectives and targets;
3. evaluating existing and potential LDP’s, including supporting annual audits of their management systems;
4. assisting with and supporting audits by third parties;
5. sharing of learning points and best practice across the business supporting the preparation and communication of advisory documents including hazard warnings and alerts.
* Undertaking inspections and audits of operational sites and LDP operations, including out of hours if required.
* Coordinate (and lead where the significance requires) the investigation and escalation of all incidents, and client S&H issues.
* Review and develop S&H systems, processes and other related documentation.
* Support wider S&H initiatives developed and implemented to drive improved S&H performance e.g., culture change programmes, near miss reporting, sustainability, introduction of new ways of working etc.
* Compile of statistical data and write reports.
* Support local managers in their contact with regulators(e.g. HSE, Local Authority, Environment Agency etc.)
* Liaise and consult with SHEQ colleagues to ensure consistency of advice and support across operations.
* Support and facilitate the provision of training and associated materials to all employees on S&H issues in line with the agreed training strategy;
* Maintain personal skills and competences, keeping up to date with legal requirements and best practice.
* Safety and/or environmental bias in previous roles.
* TechMIOSH (or similar associations as a minimum).
* NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) in safety.
* Able to demonstrate continuing professional development.
* Broad based further professional training in areas relative to the role.
* Evidence of practical audit/inspection experience.
* Broad experience and expertise in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
* Experience of providing support to operations similar to Trinity in areas such as peripatetic and/or remote working.
* NRSWA Supervisory level training.
* Able to show further development in their management skills through formal qualification, training or experience.
* Experience in delivery of S&H training.
* Experience in the development and implementation of systems to meet the requirements of ISO standards for safety and/or environment.
* Experience of dealing with enforcing authorities.
* Environmental or sustainability experience/qualification
Or check similar jobs