Ass Commercial Manager / QS
£40000 - £48000/annum Pen (6:12) + health + 25 + hybrid
Are you interested in more Construction jobs?Apply on Partner Site
3 Assistant Commercial Managers are required to work on the New High-Speed Rail project in the UK this is a multi-billion-pound high-speed railway to directly link the city centres of: London, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester. Working directly for the client organisation on the HS2 project working on the £4bn Main Works Civils Contracts working directly for the Client HS2.
Assistant Commercial Manager will report to a Commercial Manager and you will be supporting the delivery of commercial activities within the Delivery teams. The role works alongside the supply chain and contractors to assurance and support commercial activities.
Working on the EKFB – 80km of main works civils - EFKB (Eiffage, Kier, Ferrovial Construction and BAM Nuttall) based from Milton Keyes & Aylesbury working on a major £4 billion civil engineering main works contract. EFKB (Eiffage, Kier, Ferrovial Construction and BAM Nuttall). EFKB will deliver 80km section of the new high speed rail link between the Chiltern Tunnel and Long Itchington Wood. The scope of the works includes 15 viaducts, 6.9km of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 81 bridges and around 30 million cubic metres of excavation.
Key task will be supporting the Commercial Managers on contract administration duties in particular managing the Change Control (Compensation Events) on the project which is the key financial risk on the project.
High Speed Two is a rapidly growing organisation with the opportunities for progression and development truly fantastic. HS2 already have a superb reputation for progressing from within highlighted by the fact 40% of all vacancies are filled internally.
There are also huge opportunities to develop quickly to Commercial Manager level – Salaries £60 – 70k.
Work Situation - Hybrid
The site office location could be Southam, Chipping Warden, Brackley, Aylesbury, Cultvert or High Wickham. There is a flexible hybrid working model working 2 days a week from the office. Overall this is a very flexible modern employer who cares about delivery not where you deliver from, however, if you wish to be based front the office more you can.
London £40,000 – 48,000 + Pen(6/12) + 25 hols
Next promotional step is Commercial Manager £60 – 70,000 + pkg.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main accountabilities are to:
* To be responsible for supporting the delivery of contract management of the contracts to maintain effective commercial control.
* To be responsible for supporting the administration of the obligations of the Project Manager under the NEC3Contract.
* To be responsible for supporting the valuation of variations and compensation events.
* To be responsible for supporting contract payments assessment.
* To be responsible for supporting the review and analysis of supply chain monthly reports.
* To be responsible for supporting the input into contract level performance information into monthly MBR reports.
* To be responsible for supporting the settlement of supply chain disputes.
* To be responsible for supporting estimate reviews (at all stages)
Looking for a candidate who has ability to administer contracts ideally of large capital infrastructure programme or indeed large government programmes; could be rail, utilities, energy, civil engineering, Highways, other major infrastructure, defence, utilities or other large government programmes. Ideally you will have NEC3 Contract experience but open to any contract experience & willingness and aptitude to learn quickly.
Proactive self staters with excellent communication and problem-solving skills a must. Worked within an environment with heavy compliance & governance. Willing and quick to learn.
Ideally looking for a Graduate with 1 – 4 years’ experience in the any of the following:
Assistant Commercial Manager / Ass Quantity Surveyor or QS with contract administration experience working for a client, contractor or consultancy to deliver infrastructure or similar capital projects such as - rail, utilities, energy, civil engineering and other major infrastructure programmes.
Also interested in a candidate with good Contract Management experience (contract administration) from a regulated industry or government background (assurance / governance) and worked on a major programmes – ideally construction related such as Defence, Utilities but open to major equipment supply contracts & willingness to move into Infrastructure / construction. Need to have good contractual awareness and willing to learn NEC3 Contract.
* Ability to administer contracts to deliver infrastructure or similar capital projects and programmes.
Type of experience:
* Ability to administer contracts to deliver infrastructure or similar projects and programmes.
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of dispute resolution processes and procedures.
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of common commercial policies, processes and procedures.
* A knowledge of contract, commercial and risk management methods
Or check similar jobs