MFL Teacher of Spanish with French
Hays Specialist Recruitment - Further Education
Are you interested in more Education jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Permanent MFL Teacher of Spanish with French Job | St Matthew Academy | SE3 0XX, London
Role: MFL Teacher of Spanish with French (suitable for ECTs)
Salary: Inner London, Main / Upper Pay Scale
Required: July or September 2023
Contract/Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: SE3 0XX, Blackheath, London Borough of Lewisham
We are looking for an enthusiastic Teacher of MFL to join our Academy and high performing MFL department. This post is suitable for an ECT as they would be able to flourish from mentoring and coaching from our highly rated classroom practitioners however, the post will provide an exciting and challenging opportunity for an ambitious practitioner wishing to develop their career and make a real impact on further driving up attainment and progress. Pupils at SMA love learning, enjoy languages and many choose to pursue French and Spanish at A Level and beyond. The right candidate will be an excellent teacher with strong subject knowledge and be able to confidently deliver Spanish (with French) up to KS4. Experience with the EPI /Conti methodology is desirable.
Do you aspire to be a talented and ambitious teacher?
Do you have a real passion and desire to enthuse pupils with your own love of languages?
Do you want to work in a school where classrooms are calm, purposeful and engaging learning environments?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us here at St Matthew Academy, a high performing Catholic school where pupils flourish both academically and socially. In October 2019, Ofsted confirmed SMA as a good school where all pupils, through their hard work and commitment, are able to 'let their light shine'. We are now pursuing our mission to embed ourselves as a truly great school at the heart of the community we serve.
You will be:
· Passionate about enabling every child to exceed expectations
· An enthusiastic and successful teacher
· Committed to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
· Well organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
· An active promoter of our Catholic ethos
· Fully supportive of and drive the Academy's aim to ensure equity and diversity permeates throughout the Academy
St Matthew Academy is a diverse, vibrant Catholic all-through academy for girls and boys aged 4 to 16, where there are high expectations for everyone in our community. At St Matthew Academy our school motto is 'let your light shine' and we ensure that we live this vision every day at the academy by encouraging, promoting and celebrating success with all of our pupils in everything that they do. Our academy is situated between Blackheath and Lewisham in South East London, benefiting from excellent public transport and road links to all parts of London and Kent. Our magnificent buildings offer state of the art resources and the latest technology. Our primary and secondary phases are situated on one site allowing a truly unique all through setting with opportunities for transition, collegiate working and subject development.
· Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
· Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
· Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff including a highly rated IMPACT programme for Early Careers Teachers and a July 1st start date for ECTs
· A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
· Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
· Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
· A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy.
Our school motto is 'let your light shine' and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
How to apply:
To apply, you are required to complete our school application form.
Please request an application pack from Francisca Marquez Arenas or call Francisca on (phone number removed) for more information. Your application is a permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing: ASAP / no later than 9 am, Monday 12th June 2023
Interviews: Proposed for Thursday, 15th June 2023
For more information about the Academy you can also visit (url removed) and our Twitter account https://(url removed).stMattAcad
*Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role. The school reserves the right to close this advert early should the right candidate be found.
Or check similar jobs