Clear IT Recruitment
Are you interested in more Legal jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Our client is seeking a Dispute Resolution Paralegal to join their litigation department in Hertford, Hertfordshire. You will be needed to assist Fee Earner’s in the performance of his/her role in the Department.
Experience working within a corporate/commercial department is essential.
The firms corporate company and commercial team is growing and they have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, dynamic and hardworking individual willing to join the team and be part of that growth. The department is supportive, offering training and development to ensure team members are able to carry out the role and develop their skills.
The candidate will be required to have a genuine interest in the law, a degree in law (or other) is preferred and legal qualifications are essential. The vacancy is for a paralegal and the candidate must have had some experience working in a law firm within a corporate or commercial team.
The candidate will be required to work within the specialist area of corporate company and commercial law in a junior fee-earning role as well as undertaking key admin tasks in support of the team.
The successful candidate will be required to work with the team on business development and will have a willingness and ability to develop new relationships and support the growth of the team generally.
Role and Responsibilities
• Junior fee-earning role to assist the partner and senior fee-earners on corporate, company and commercial transactions. Examples of work include working on complex legal due diligence investigations, drafting transaction documents, managing data rooms, liaising with clients and other professionals to take instructions.
• General administrative support of the department and working through assigned tasks.
• Daily duties will include – opening files, handling accounts matters, archiving, liaising with and updating clients and professionals on live transactions, transactional work and document production.
• The intention is for the responsibilities of the candidate to increase over time and access to training and development will be provided to allow the candidate to attain their career goals, taking ever greater conduct of elements of the transactions so as to be able to explain the options and give basic advice to clients. Appropriate supervision and support will be provided at all times.
• Interested in taking an active role in marketing such as writing articles and blogs for our website and social media platforms. Willing to attend business development meetings in order to develop relationships with current and new contacts.
• Attending relevant training and sector related events
• Assisting with development of the processes and precedents within the department.
• Be self-sufficient and well organised.
• To cover reception duties when needed.
• Working from our offices when required.
• Taking calls – to take new enquiries / transfer the call to the appropriate team member.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Or check similar jobs