Woodley Equipment Company Ltd
Are you interested in more Other jobs?Apply on Partner Site
ABOUT THE ROLE
Woodley Equipment Company Ltd, a market leading supplier of specialist laboratory equipment, diagnostic and critical care products to the veterinary industry worldwide, has an exciting opportunity for a Production Assistant.
Reporting directly to the Lead Laboratory Production Assistant, the role will ideally suit someone who has relevant previous experience and is looking to join a growing business that can offer job stability and development.
You will have the capacity to learn about current and new products in depth and you must be capable and confident using computer systems/applications. You’ll need to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and capable of being on your feet all day, moving stock/boxes around and undertaking repetitive motions with your hands. You’ll need good attention to detail to ensure you identify product details and any discrepancies from expected standards. You must be able to work with colleagues at all levels, have the ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative while maintaining a team approach.
* Assist in the production of chemicals and reagents for use with laboratory analysers
* Booking in deliveries and customer returns
* Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed within specified time frames.
* Clean, test and prepare equipment for despatch.
* Retail filling, bottling and capping of various solutions and buffers
* Assembly of retail kits
* Accurately recording product/batch details such as expiry dates, serial numbers.
* Perform daily cleaning of relevant manufacturing equipment, tools and surfaces.
* Precise and meticulous in observing and recording all details of daily processing including: weights, volumes, lot numbers, colours, particles and any deviations from procedure
* Assure that manufacturing processes and equipment are safe, reliable, neat and clean
* Maintaining a safe working environment
* Assisting with regular stock takes·
* Despatching orders through the appropriate mail / courier network
* An understanding of Quality Control and Quality Assurance matters.
* Good organisation and IT skills
* Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
* An eye for detail with good numerical ability
* Can follow Standard Operating Procedures
* Can adhere to strict safety procedures and safety checks
* Good team working skills
Full training will be provided at our Horwich head office for the successful candidate. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following benefits
* 22 days annual leave, increases to 25 after 5 years of service
* free onsite parking
* eye care vouchers
* company sick pay
* paid medical appointments
* workplace pension
* company social events
* general office dress / smart casual
* employee discount scheme
* length of service recognition
If you wish to apply, please submit your CV
Shortlisted applicants will hear from us within 4 weeks of applying for the role, with interviews scheduled within 1-2 weeks
Or check similar jobs