SMSTS Site Manager
Huntsman Recruitment Ltd
£25 - £30/hour Salary negotiable
Are you interested in more Management jobs?Apply on Partner Site
We are recruiting for a SMSTS qualified Site Manager for a project in the Watford, WD25 area. This is an ongoing temporary role, for a project that will last approximately 12 weeks. There may be the potential for further projects following on from this.
My client is an international foodservice equipment provider serving customers across the UK and Europe specialising in the supply and maintenance of bakery, catering, vending, coffee and refrigeration services. Previous experience within this sector is essential as is the SMSTS qualification. The successful applicant would be responsible for the day to day management of the site, the contractors on site and to ensure the site meets the required health and safety standards.
You will need excellent communication skills as you will be liaising with people across all levels of the business as well as reporting into the senior management team and be responsible for liaising and coordinating with clients, authorities, property management and project teams, sub-contractors, allied trades and suppliers.
The required candidate must have SMSTS qualification.
Experience – Technical capability & Knowledge:
· Management of shop fitting and interior fit-out
· Experience of building works (removal of walls, installing new drainage)
· Be a highly organised and motivated individual who has knowledge of project delivery within the shop fitting and bakery arena.
· Have in-depth functional and business expertise within the shop fitting or interiors sectors.
· Have excellent client facing and interpersonal skills that are required for this Project management role.
· Strive for perfect project delivery.
· Completion of Schedule of Works quotations
· Proven track record in delivering projects on time and within budget
· Project management / planning / problem solving
· Client interaction
· Knowledge of materials and construction methods
· Project Planning
· Preparing works programs / schedules
· Maintaining programs / schedules throughout projects
· Booking teams for projects
· Meeting sub contracted trades prior to project start
· Site Management
· Managing a team of trades people on small sites/project
· Ordering non specialist materials - general building materials and hardware
· Hiring and off hiring of site tools
· Site setup
· Project Management
· Liaising with subcontractors onsite to run through works required
· Requesting quotations from subcontractors
· Responsible for completing projects on time
· Health and Safety
· Preparation of all RAMS
· Keeping all H&S site folders up to date with Cosh sheets and RAMS for subcontractors
· H&S site setup
· Making sure the site agent is adhering to project RAMS
You must be able to demonstrate:
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Ability to work under pressure paying strict attention to detail
· Methodical approach to completing jobs
· Excellent standard of numeracy
· Excellent communication skills
· IT literate
· Ability to follow instructions
· Ability to understand your role in the broader context of the company
· Possess a proactive attitude with the aim to get jobs complete the first time
· Take ownership and proactively solve problems
· To be able to work on your own
· Experience in Shop fitting in the Leisure Industry: 3 years
· Driver Licence
Hours: Flexible hours required as per Site Management. You will be required to travel to site on a daily basis (Monday-Friday) and may be required to work site hours and weekends when required.
Salary: £25-£30 hourly rate dependant on experience. Salary is negotiable.
Due to the high number of online applications, if you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion
Or check similar jobs