Civil Works Ganger
Are you interested in more Construction jobs?Apply on Partner Site
We currently working with a well established civil engineering company to recruit for Gangers based out of their Exeter depot. You would be asked to work as part of the reactive team on their well-established repair and maintenance contract for key clients.
They are after hardworking and committed individuals to work as part of a civils team to carry out drainage repairs and installations. You will be working a 45-hour week with lots of overtime opportunities, and you would also be part of the on-call Rota. Experience is deep drainage repair is essential for this role.
As a ganger it is important that you can take the lead ensuring that projects are delivered within the required timeframe and be confident in completing daily safety documents, inspections, and records.
As well as a full valid driving license, they are looking for those with experience in the following:
* Utility work specifically sewer repairs and maintenance with experience in manhole and chamber construction, benching, butt fusion welding, and pipe laying.
* Experience in excavations by hand and with machines including deep excavations with qualifications in under 10T excavator.
* Have experience in street works and excavating the highway with the relevant qualification.
* Experience in Manual handling, Abrasive wheels, use of Cat & Genny with the relevant qualification.
* To have a minimum of a CSCS operatives’ card and ideally SSSTS
Whilst the following are not essential it would be desirable if you have any of the following:
* Experience and qualifications in confined space entry.
* Experience of controlling works and dealing with interested parties (customers, client, or other organisations)
* Experience and qualification in over 10T excavator.
* Experience and qualification with a wheeled dumper.
The Company look to offer a competitive package for this role to include:
* A competitive hourly rate depending on experience
* Standby payments
* Opportunities for regular overtime paid at enhanced rates
* Pension scheme
* Health cash plan
* 28 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
* Comprehensive training
Or check similar jobs