Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a leading injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking for 2 Injection Moulding Setters to join their established team.
Apply on Partner Site
* The successful injection moulding setter candidate will receive a comprehensive Sierra 57 training programme, tailored to suit their skillset, as part of their ongoing development with the company.
* Sierra 57 training courses are fully endorsed and CPD approved by the Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining.
* This position will suit an injection moulding setter who is looking to further develop their skillset and progress within the injection moulding industry.
* This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking and secure company who place great emphasis on the training and development of their staff
* Excellent Career Progression Opportunities
* Sierra 57 Consult Training & Development Programme
* Relocation Assistance
* The role of an Injection Moulding Setter is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
* As Injection Moulding Setter you will ensure the continuous running of machines at the optimum cycle times to produce quality products.
* The successful Injection Moulding Setter will be working with modern day injection moulding tooling, machines and automation including robotic End of Arm Tooling.
* Pre planning material and dryers to effectively and safely carry out tool changes as per priority sheets, correctly using the required equipment and PPE.
* Completes machine safety check log when tool changes are completed.
* Ensures that machines are left in a clean & tidy manner with all the required documentation provided for the operator and that the operator understands what is required.
* Create a first off to a satisfactory nature & provided a sample to QC department.
* Takes remedial action if first off is not satisfactory & stays on job until the standard is achieved.
* Record all issues/changes on the documentation provided.
* Records all tooling issues in the log provided.
* Ensure all cleaning procedures are followed with tools
* Tool trials with new/modified tooling and working with the Senior Technician and Project managers to achieve customer approval or to identify improvements that are needed.
* Keep setting sheets organised, providing details if sheets need updating to the Senior technician.
* Ensures all ancillary equipment required is in place in a safe condition & ready for use.
* Previous experience of machine setting, optimization and processing experience within injection moulding manufacturing environment is essential.
* Industry recognized injection moulding qualifications an advantage i.e. PTIC, Sierra 57 etc.
* Good communication skills
* Positive ‘can-do’ attitude essential
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Good problem-solving skills
Key Words: “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Injection Moulding Technician”, “Mould Technician”, “Setter”, “Mould Process Technician”, “Plastics”, “Injection Moulding”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we will only contact successful applications that meet the requirements of our client job brief. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK job positions work seekers must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics, Packaging & Precision Engineering
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles
Or check similar jobs