Registered Children's Manager - EBD
Apply on Partner Site
* To ensure that all standards in relation to children are upheld within the statutory framework and our clients Children’s Home Service standards.
* To ensure that the Home reflects a culture that is inclusive, warm and nurturing where children’s well-being and development is promoted. To ensure that all matters regarding child protection are promoted and responded to in a pro-active and diligent manner. To protect children from harm inside and outside of the Home.
* To ensure that children’s needs are recognised and met where possible. This includes, ensuring that children are free from discrimination within the Home and to challenge discrimination within and from outside the Home.
* To ensure that children’s progress is regularly reviewed and that the care team are adapting their approach in relation to children’s developmental needs.
* To ensure that children are informed of their rights and responsibilities enabling them to take greater control of their lives.
* To attend children’s case reviews, planning meetings and other meetings as required.
* To ensure that transition plans for children leaving the Home are carried out positively and within guidelines.
Responsible for the line management and supervision of the care team.
* To be pro-active in supporting the Care team by ensuring that there is opportunity for discussion with individuals and in team meetings.
* To ensure that the Care team is appropriately supported and trained in dealing with challenging situations and the demands of the work.
* To ensure effective recruitment processes for the Care team and to be directly involved as appropriate and to minimise the use of agency staff by the recruitment and development of a stable staff team.
* To ensure effective staff training and development and to be directly involved the delivery as appropriate.
* To be available as assessor and motivate/encourage and guide staff to complete the Level 3 Diploma Children & Young Peoples Workforce and other relevant qualifications within statutory guidelines.
Responsible for the effective and efficient financial management of the Home.
* To ensure that the financial management of the Children’s Home is in line with the requirements of policy.
* To ensure at all times that the occupancy levels of the Children’s Home are being optimised and to contribute wherever possible in promoting positive referrals.
Responsible for the effective implementation and compliance with policies and Statutory Regulations.
* To act as the Designated Child Protection Officer for the Children’s Home you are responsible for.
* To ensure that the Children’s Home is in compliance at all times with statutory legislations, regulations and guidance, including Ofsted and Health and Safety.
* To positively lead the management of the Children’s Home to achieve the level of Outstanding to Good are maintained in Ofsted Inspections.
* To liaise wherever necessary with Ofsted in response to inspections to ensure the professional representation of the Children’s Home and organisation.
Responsible for ensuring that the Children’s Home has a highly professional partnership with placing authorities, that positively support children’s placements.
* To ensure that referrals are responded to in a professional and timely manner, in line with the Services admissions procedure and as stated in the Children’s Home’s Statement of Purpose.
Responsible to contribute to the development of Services and implement changes as agreed with the Responsible Individual.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
This post requires a flexible approach to working hours, primarily to ensure the safety and well-being of children and young people, and staff.
The post holder is required to lead and participate in the On-Call support system.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: RMCR
Or check similar jobs