Apply on Partner Site
Ford and Slater are one the UK’s largest DAF Truck dealers group with 16 locations from Norwich to Birtley in the North East, employing over 850 staff whilst remaining a family run business. We currently have vacancies for HGV Technician's working various shifts at our Leeds dealership.
As an HGV Technician, we can offer you:
* £38,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and working pattern
* Overtime at premium rates
* Excellent DAF Training & development opportunities – in house and manufacturer’s
* HGV driving licence training after qualifying period
* 22 days holiday (excluding statutory), rising to 25 days after 5 years service
* Employee Of The Month Competition
* Employee Assistance Program
* Career Progression Opportunities
* Death in Service Life Insurance Scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
Who are we looking for:
Ideally, you will have the following skills but training will be provided:
* Previous experience working as a Technician / Mechanic within the HGV, Commercial Vehicle, LGV, PSV, Heavy Plant, Car or an associated sector.
* If you are a Light Commercial or Car Mechanic who would like to transfer your skills then we can offer you training to become a HGV Technician.
* Ideally have served a recognised apprenticeship or training programme.
* Qualified to Level 3 (C&G, NVQ or equivalent) in Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
* Excellent technical knowledge ensuring maintenance and repairs are carried out to manufacturer’s procedures.
* Sound knowledge to accurately diagnosis faults.
* Carry safety inspections and prepare vehicles for MOT's.
* Ability to participate in breakdowns.
* Skills to follow company processes for completing all paperwork including accurate completion of job cards and service records.
* General level of computer literacy is advantageous.
* Full UK driving licence.
Shifts to suit
* 4 on 4 off
* Nightshift 4 on 3 off
* Dayshift Monday to Friday
The HGV Technician role / responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Servicing and maintaining a wide variety of Trucks and Vehicles. Carry out safety inspections and prepare vehicles for MOT's. Fault Diagnostics. Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner. Road test vehicle when required, subject to licence restrictions.
Apply today to start your journey with Ford & Slater
No agencies please
Or check similar jobs