Packer/Core Cutting Machine Operator/Fork Lift Driver required in Southend on Sea, Essex. You will be working as part of a team to manage and maintain packing and core cutting operations within the business. To operate the wobble and guillotine machines. To assist where trained in other areas of the factory. Counterbalance fork lift licence would be an advantage but will train. Driving licence preferred. Working 40 hours per week (day shifts between 6am-6pm Monday to Friday)
Apply on Partner Site
Key areas of responsibility:
* Ensure work stations are maintained and kept clean and tidy.
* Upkeep of equipment to a basic standard, general lubrication and cleaning etc.
* Report equipment failures to engineering and escalate where appropriate.
* Report near misses.
* Wearing of PPE as identified during operation of machinery.
* Ensure packing and core cutting meets standards expected internally and by customers.
Core cutting/Wobble and Guillotine
* Learn core cutting operations using both manual and auto core cutting machine.
* Understand quality requirements of cores for departmental use.
* Ensure adequate supply of cores for department in advance.
* Maintain stock levels and communicate new orders with supplier.
* Report any quality issues to Technical Department for further investigation.
* Produce core labels for department, ensuring that all detail is correct and information meets customer requirements.
* Operate wobble and Guillotine Machines
* Drive Forklift Truck where required, adhering to all regulations and road traffic requirements.
* Safe operation of electric work savers and pallet trucks within factory.
* Accurately weighing and recording weights of pallets being despatched.
* Inputting figures accurately onto despatch system computer.
* Report faults and escalate where appropriate.
* Report all incidents (however trivial) that involve moving vehicles, work savers etc.
* Learn packing operations and safe use of flame gun.
* Ensure daily packing meets despatch requirements.
* Meet specific packing requirements of customers.Input detail legibly for packing notes, ensure Production Office has detail required for despatch notes etc.
* Check information of labels produced by Production Office.
* Produce own labels for despatch where required.
* Maintain stock levels and communicate new orders with suppliers.
* Empty scrap bins into appropriate skips and baling units.
Hourly rate £12.23 per hour This is a permanent role and the company offer a nice range of benefits including pension, life assurance and 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
Or check similar jobs