Senior Highways Design Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
Our client is seeking a highly skilled Senior Highways Design Engineer to join their team based in Grimsby. As a permanent full-time role, you will work 37.5 hours per week, contributing to the remarkable transformation and growth of North East Lincolnshire.
With substantial government funding secured and exciting regeneration plans underway, this is an exceptional opportunity to shape the future of the borough. Over the next 5 years, the region will experience significant advancements in housing, high streets, industry, and green energy, making it an attractive place to live, work, and thrive.
- Supervise and develop junior team members
- Support the delivery of major schemes as directed by the Project Manager
- Manage and coordinate workload to achieve project objectives
- Prepare design briefs, feasibility studies, detailed designs, and specifications
- Lead design reviews and ensure compliance with engineering standards and legislation
- Program manage schemes from design to construction, monitoring progress and managing change
- Collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and the project team, handling complex issues professionally
- Participate in scheme consultation and engage with subcontractors
- HND/C level qualification (degree preferred) or equivalent experience
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of DMRB design standards and Local Authority procedures in relation to the deign and construction of highway schemes under section 38 and 278 of the Highways Act.
- Chartered status desirable but not essential
- Proven track record in the Highways and Transportation industry
- Proficiency in relevant design standards and regulations
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and project delivery
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and other industry-standard software
- Commercial awareness and experience in a multi-disciplinary design environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to supervise and develop a team
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and flexible to change
- Full benefits package including pension scheme and life cover
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Employee assistance program and mental wellbeing support
- Employee discount schemes and gym membership discounts
- Learning opportunities and professional development programs
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on (phone number removed) for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us
Or check similar jobs