My client is an award-winning Facilities Management provider who has a new vacancy for a Handyperson/ Fabric Technician to work on a mobile basis working on one main contact based in Edinburgh.
Apply on Partner Site
Within this role, you will be responsible for carrying out all planned, preventative and reactive maintenance with additional minor works as and when required – for all associated building fabric within commercial premises.
Your main duties will include:
* Carrying out all planned preventative and reactive maintenance within commercial premises- ensuring all works are carried out within agreed SLAs
* Carrying out repairs and attending breakdowns within commercial premises- which will include providing a call-out response to be carried out within agreed SLAs.
* Be required to have a good knowledge of all fire & final exit door operations to keep the client safe & assets in good order.
* Having a keen eye for detail and problem-solving would assist in the delivery of maintenance in a diverse estate.
* Working as part of a wider maintenance team you will ensure buildings are operational and maintained to the highest standard, which will include inspection and reporting as well as hands-on maintenance.
* Be required to respond in a prompt and professional manner to all building fabrics-related issues and strive to achieve a first-fix solution.
* Ensure that all contractors are monitored on behalf of the client and that works are carried out correctly.
* Working in a client/customer-facing environment, ensuring you remain professional at all times.
* Take a proactive approach to working in partnership with the client to ensure all concerns are dealt with promptly.
* Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date and submitted on a weekly basis.
The successful candidate should have:
* Experience in carrying out general handyperson duties within a commercial environment is essential.
* Client customer-facing experience.
* Previous experience working within Facilities Management ideally.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Ability to work on own initiative and or as part of a team.
* Ability to work safely at all times and the ability to understand contract and Health and safety requirements/regulations.
The package available:
* Salary £27,000 - £31,000.
* Van & Fuel Card.
* Holidays 24 + 9.
* Company Pension.
* Training and Development - huge potential for continued growth.
* Uniform Provided.
* On-call (1/5) - £100 Standby + OT rates paid.
* Opportunity to work overtime (1.5 and 2.0)
If you are interested in this position, please apply today and send your CV marked FAO Emma Steven.
Not the job for you but know someone who would be perfect for the role? Why not refer a friend and if they get the job you get £250 worth of vouchers? Refer a friend
Or check similar jobs