Calling all Animal Technicians!
Apply on Partner Site
We are looking for Animal Technicians to join the S3 Science Team. If you are looking for your next opportunity to gain your home office license or have already obtained it and looking for your next adventure – get in touch to see how we can help.
Partnering with the UK’s leading research institutes, we are inundated with opportunities for Animal Technicians to continue learning and developing their careers. With starting salary ranges of £24k - £35K +, make S3 your next career adventure!
As with working as an Animal Technician at any level, the main purpose of this role is to support daily animal husbandry and welfare within our client’s facilities, you may also be required to perform regulated procedures should you have your home office license. There is potential for additional responsibilities should you have the experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Keep up-to-date with developments in animal technology; recommend and develop novel procedures as required
* Be a stellar example of an animal technician
* Carry out daily husbandry, care and welfare observations for all animals within the facility
* As a Personal Licensee under the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, manage surgical and non-surgical experimental procedures within the authorities of Project Licences held at the establishment. Liaise with licensees to understand the requirements of their licences and studies
* Make observations, keep accurate records and store data in writing or electronically, as required
* Contribute towards the general maintenance of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions in specific areas
* Use equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
* Assist with the duties in other areas of the Biological Resources Unit, as required
Think you have what it takes, simply follow our application route below and join our team of Animal technicians today
Simply click and apply to the advert, and if successful, you will be contacted by a member of the team ASAP. Due to the number of applications, we receive, if you have not been contacted within 1 week, unfortunately, you have not been successful for this role.
Interviews will be taking place ASAP and starts can be immediate, but this is not essential should you have a notice period, they are willing to wait for the right people.
We have a high success rate in getting people their dream jobs, so please apply today and let us help you get that career you have been waiting for
Or check similar jobs