Builder Depot are one of the leading Independent Builders Merchants in the UK. We pride ourselves on providing excellent training and development opportunities for our employees, along with a long-term career path for those who wish to progress within the Company.
Apply on Partner Site
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Operations Manager for one of the largest builder merchant warehouses in the Southeast selling directly to trade and the public. You will be responsible for the day to day operations of a demanding and fast paced heavyside warehouse employing upwards of 20 staff and covering all areas of retail from Customer Service to Stock Control.
This role would suit an ambitious Branch Manager from a smaller merchant looking to increase their skill set, experience and the opportunity to make the role their own. Builder Depot offers an attractive and highly competitive remuneration package and career development.
* Managing a team of people who work within various areas within the branch.
* Organising the safe storage and layout of stock and liaising with the Stock Administrators regarding expected deliveries.
* Maintaining a safe and organised traffic flow within the branch, inclusive of customers, deliveries and company vehicles.
* Providing leadership and direction to the team whilst ensuring the department is run safely, efficiently and within budget.
* Providing an excellent level of customer service at all times.
* Managing work rota’s for staff under your direction.
* Maintaining a high level of health and safety within the branch and the team
* Providing a high level of organisation within the branch.
* Minimum of 2 years in a similar management role for a fast paced business.
* Previous experience of managing a large team.
* Customer focused.
* Commercially focused.
* Strong communicator.
Excellent Company Benefits to include:
* Generous annual leave scheme
* Life insurance
* Private medical insurance
* Discount on Company products
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Employee referral scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
Or check similar jobs