Senior Quantity Surveyor –Maritime Construction -Portsmouth Relocation
Apply on Partner Site
£45,000 - £55,000
Hunter Mason Consulting Ltd
Hunter Mason's client have been trading for over 8.5 years and during that period they have grown from strength to strength. Due to an increased workload and business growth they are looking for a highly skilled and dedicated Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their close-knit team. This will be a predominately office based roles but travel away will be required on time to time. The typical projects you will be working on are pier demolition; calverts; dock walls and pilling & sheet pilling. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in the management of challenging and impactful maritime endeavours.
Should you need to relocate for this role, the client can offer accommodation for the first month whilst you find alternative arrangements.
* Manage and oversee all financial aspects of assigned projects, including cost control, budget management, and financial reporting.
* Prepare accurate and detailed cost estimates and bills of quantities.
* Monitor and manage contractual agreements, ensuring compliance and mitigating risks.
* Collaborate closely with project managers, engineers, and subcontractors to assess and control costs.
* Evaluate and negotiate subcontractor agreements and variations.
* Provide regular financial updates and reports to senior management.
* Assist in the resolution of disputes and claims.
* Mentor and guide junior members of the quantity surveying team
* Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
* Membership in a relevant professional organization (e.g., RICS) is preferred.
* Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the maritime or construction industry.
* Strong knowledge of construction contracts, procurement methods, and relevant legislation.
* Exceptional financial acumen and analytical skills.
* Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
* Proficiency in relevant software tools, such as Excel and cost estimating software.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
* Prior experience in mentoring and supervising junior staff is a plus.
If you would like to hear more about this job please click apply or contact Joe on Joe @ huntermasonconsulting . com
Or check similar jobs