Apply on Partner Site
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Work Hours: 40 hrs a week, Monday to Friday (09:00 – 17:30)
Our client is an innovative biotechnology company based outside of the centre of Cambridge. They have built a platform to synthesis DNA which provides exciting possibilities for ensuring cheaper, faster and more accurate DNA / gene constructs than traditional plasmid-based methods. They also support with AAV and Lipid-nanoparticle drug delivery projects. In a key phase of their growth, our client is looking to bring Scientists into the gene construct manufacturing team on a full-time and permanent basis within their cleanroom.
This is an opportunity for a junior scientist who holds a BSc/MSc in a Biology focused role, ideally with previous clean room manufacturing experience. As a cleanroom Scientist, you will be responsible for:
* Manufacture and construction of DNA / mRNA gene constructs within a clean room environment.
* Preparation and maintenance of reagents and laboratory consumables.
* Maintenance of correct quality documentation and keeping accurate records (QMS).
* Working in accordance with GMP and ISO regulations.
* Following SOPs and ensuring health and safety is maintained at all times.
* Support and run troubleshooting exercises on laboratory equipment.
* Cleaning of various areas within the manufacturing facility.
Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* BSc / MSc in a biological / biotechnology discipline (essential)
* Previous clean room experience (desired)
* Strong experience in core molecular biology including DNA / RNA extraction, flow cytometry, PCR, RT-PCR, DNA cloning, gel electrophoresis, qPCR (essential)
* Previous experience in a diagnostics or manufacturing laboratory would be beneficial (desired)
* Excellent attention to detail. (essential)
* Understanding of and experience working with a GMP or GCP environment (desired)
As an up-and-coming Cambridge Biotech, our client is able to offer a competitive salary, progression options and benefits package including private pension
Or check similar jobs