Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Camberley, Surrey, UK
Salary Range: £38,000 - £43,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Work Arrangement: Remote work 2-3 days per week
Are you a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer with a strong background in pressure vessel design? Do you have experience using Creo 3D CAD software and a keen eye for detail when it comes to meeting regulatory requirements? If so, we invite you to join our team as a Mechanical Design Engineer specialising in pressure vessels.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, your primary role will be to ensure the efficient and safe design of pressure vessels and related components. You will be responsible for:
Compliance with Regulatory Standards: Ensuring that designs meet the requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and Pressure Equipment (Safety) regulations, maintaining our commitment to safety and quality.
CAD Design: Utilising Creo 3D CAD software to design pressure vessels and components, bringing your technical expertise to our projects.
Quality Control: Operating the ISO 9001 control and conformance of the design department function, including issue control and maintaining a drawing register.
Collaboration: Interacting and communicating effectively with cross-functional teams to optimise vessel design for cost-effectiveness and practicality while contributing to product improvement.
Innovation: Generating innovative and novel new product designs and assisting in the enhancement of existing products.
Manufacturing Support: Creating manufacturing drawings for new and existing products and overseeing ongoing product evaluation and development projects.
Project Management: Managing assigned contracts, coordinating activities to completion, including progress tracking, inspection, testing, and site visits to sub-contractor facilities.
Housekeeping: Assisting in maintaining a clean and organised design area, ensuring a safe and efficient working environment.
Process Improvement: Assisting in the development and implementation of existing design tools to reduce costs and improve lead times within the department.
Compliance: Adhering to and ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures, ISO standards, and health and safety requirements.
Flexibility: Being open to performing other duties as required by the Line Manager to support the overall success of the organisation.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
* Proven experience in pressure vessel design, including knowledge of PED and Pressure Equipment (Safety) regulations.
* Proficiency in Creo 3D CAD software.
* Strong project management skills.
* Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
* Commitment to safety, quality, and compliance.
* Ability to work independently and remotely as needed.
What We Offer:
* Competitive salary in the range of £38,000 - £43,000 per annum (depending on experience).
* Flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
* Professional development opportunities.
* Collaborative and innovative work environment.
* Comprehensive benefits package.
* Contribution to a critical industry focused on safety and engineering excellence.
If you're ready to take your mechanical design engineering career to the next level and make a significant impact in the pressure vessel field, we encourage you to apply. Join us in our commitment to delivering quality, compliant, and innovative solutions
Or check similar jobs