Job Title: Teaching Assistant / TA
Apply on Partner Site
Location: SW2 Brixton
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
TeacherActive are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant / TA to join a fantastic Primary School in Brixton, South West London. As a Teaching Assistant / TA, you will play a vital role in supporting the teaching and learning activities within the school, contributing to the academic and personal development of our students.
- Do you have Teaching Assistant / TA qualifications of level 3 or above?
- Do you have experience providing one-on-one or small group support to students?
- Do you have a passion for working with children and supporting their learning and development?
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and deliver engaging and differentiated lessons that meet the individual needs of students.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students, reinforcing concepts and assisting with classwork, homework, and assignments.
- Promote a positive and inclusive learning environment, fostering the social and emotional well-being of students.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of teaching materials, resources, and equipment required for lessons and activities.
- Monitor student progress and provide feedback to teachers, including observations and assessments of students' performance.
- Collaborate with other staff members, including teachers, support staff, and parents, to effectively support the needs of students.
- Contribute to the school's extracurricular activities and special events as required.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills in education and child development.
- Relevant qualifications or experience in education, childcare, or a related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
- Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude towards working with diverse student needs and abilities.
This Primary School holds an "Outstanding" rating from Ofsted, reflecting their commitment to providing high-quality education and an exceptional learning environment for their students. They continuously strive for excellence and maintain high standards in all aspects of our educational practices.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on young learners' lives and are dedicated to supporting their educational journey, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please submit your CV detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.
All our staff are paid on a PAYE basis, so you can rest assured that you’re paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance, and there’s no messing around with admin charges coming out of your hard-earned cash.
If you are interested in this position or want to hear about any of my other opportunities, please click ‘apply’ now, and I will be in touch with you to discuss further.
(phone number removed)
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services
Or check similar jobs