Apply on Partner Site
Head Office – Corby
Salary - £50k per annum + bonus
From our clients site in Corby, they design and manufacture and sell globally through a strong network of distributors across the USA, the UK and Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
Within the last few years they have bought on board a North American master distributor to give better coverage of the USA & Canadian markets which offers a substantial growth opportunity.
As a privately owned company which is investing heavily in growth. It has an energetic and highly motivated team focused on developing new growth opportunities. This new role has been created to lead and co-ordinate the team in the conversion of opportunities into sales.
Working with a distributor network in the US, this role will hold both New Business and Account Management responsibilities with a current £1.8m territory with serious growth opportunities within the next 5 years.
With 95% of sales going through a distributor network, the new business element within this role is to convert new distributor connections which may well be introduced via existing distributors or via direct efforts. Account Management will be focussed on retaining and growing business relationships with a current network of 50+ distributors in the US.
To drive profitable sales growth through personal account management and through developing and working with a small team of Customer Sales Executives.
* Achieve significant sales growth in North America through effective working with their Manufacturer Agent, and through personal account management
* Develop and motivate the small team of highly capable Customer Sales Executives to enable them to account manage and develop and grow sales in their areas of responsibility
* Devise new business development initiatives to maximise distributor focus on the company brand and product range
* Take responsibility for trade show activity (typically 1-2 shows per annum) and support dealers who exhibit the company machines on their own stands at other shows
* Accountable to the board for sales performance through monthly reporting
* Proven international experience of working with distributor network or channel sales
* Ability to coach and develop teams
* Strong commercial skills: judgement, problem solving, relationship building
* An ability to understand technical aspect of products and able to explain this clearly to others
This role will have a combination of working from the HQ in Corby and home working (3 days office), also frequent travel to customers and trade shows. You could expect to be away from the UK 20-30 days per year – travel will include America and Europe.
Note: due to the international nature of this role there will be a need for occasional on-line meetings outside of the normal working day due to time differences
Or check similar jobs