EUC Lead Support Specialist
Apply on Partner Site
SC clearance needed.
Hybrid (London 2 days pw)
6-month outside IR35 contract
As the EUC Technical Lead in this team you will provide technical expertise on the Windows estate (client and some server) working with the other EUC Engineers and engineers from other teams as required. This will primarily involve providing technical skills to design and deliver solutions for Windows end-user devices and their management through mobile device management tools such as Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows Software Update Server (WSUS).
* Provide technical expertise on the management of the Microsoft Windows Estate
* Desirable - ability to provide technical expertise on the Apple estate (client) working with the other Apple Engineers and in other areas as required. This will primarily involve providing technical skills to design and deliver solutions for Apple macOS end-user devices and their management and integration into the WLAN and network services.
* Carry out a discovery of the status of licences and device registration across both Windows and Apple macOS estates, assessing the need for any updates or renewals, or older device removal from systems etc
* Use extensive scripting knowledge to enhance the management and deployment to the Windows and macOS estate utilising API endpoints where possible to drive automation
* Work alongside the Apple & Windows engineers, provide day-to-day management of the Apple macOS and Windows environment ensuring the server environment and dependent services are optimised. This will include the implementation of new services as and when required by the client
* Provide second/third line support for the large Windows and MacOS client estate;
* Problem solving;
* Onsite attendance 2 days a week, 3 days offsite.
* Documentation for all workloads as required by the client Team.
* End to End management of any tickets assigned on the client service management tool.
* Identify risks, issues and dependencies ensuring mitigation actions are planned and actioned within given timelines.
* Continuous transfer of knowledge using documentation, show and tells and other channels to enable existing teams to upskill the existing internal teams.
* Design and delivery of any newly identified business processes
* Design and deliver improvements to the delivery capability.
* Effort estimations and forecasting for all deliverables and reporting on actual delivery times.
* As part of the team, maintain and enhance the network, by providing expertise and creating opportunities for others to share and practise your knowledge
* Integrate and improve on existing processing systems
* Creation of user guides for device builds
* Work plans for the activities above
You must have an active UK Government or Defence SC clearance to be submitted for this role
Or check similar jobs