Apply on Partner Site
Elior - Scottish Rugby Hospitality
Package: £45k, 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, life assurance, and 10% bonus (objective based).
MM Search are excited to be working retained on a Financial Controller position with our client, Elior, a global leader in contract foodservices.
Scottish Rugby Hospitality, working in partnership with Scottish Rugby, provide all matchday and non-matchday food and beverage operations at BT Murrayfield Stadium.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Financial Controller to join their team and continue to provide outstanding financial support and success to our operations. To be considered for this role you will need to have strong financial acumen, be analytical in mindset, and have strong reporting skills. Knowledge of contract catering would be beneficial but not essential.
The prime objective of the role is to provide commercial analysis and insight, financial reporting, and forecasting, and to influence and challenge business decisions to maximise business profit.
This role is key to the success of their delivery. You will work closely with the senior management team of Elior and Scottish Rugby to ensure that their financial performance is in line with key objectives of the contract, and that both fixed, variable costs and expenditure are within acceptable weekly limits, and that they are always operating to achieve profitability targets.
They want you to embody the Elior way of working, which is high energy and have a strong ability to contribute to the team, love variety and never shy away from a challenge!
As the financial controller you will be responsible for:
Key Operational Accountabilities:
* Business partnering with the onsite operations team
* Consistent weekly reporting of sales, gross profit, labour, and overheads for each profit centre.
* Insights on high/low margin products & recommendation to improve profitability
* Focus around purchasing compliance, and identifying opportunities to improve profitability (switch & saves of products/suppliers etc)
* Assess overall finance compliance (cash control, till readings vs. insight etc) and provide recommendations for improvements
* Provide decision support to initiatives and projects supporting delivery of targets through insightful analysis and idea generation
* Providing interpretation and challenge to current & future trading plans.
* Prepare the financial planning and budgeting process within timescales
* Support colleagues across the business in developing financial awareness
Key Working Relationships:
* On site operations team
* Central support colleagues
* Scottish Rugby finance and operational team
Skills & Experience
* Strong analytical capabilities coupled with successful business partnering
* High attention to detail
* Ability to work on own initiative, effectively prioritise and manage workload, meeting tight deadlines
* Excellent communication skills with people at all levels in the organisation
* Intermediate to advanced Excel skills – including pivot tables, formulae, lookup tables, 'if' statements & comfortable with multi-workbook reporting
Why it's great to work for Elior:
Elior UK has been recognised for a variety of awards such as CSR and chef development programmes which demonstrate the passion and creativity of our great team.
For all our colleagues we offer a range of discounts such as EE mobile contracts, Nissan vehicles, and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
We focus on our colleagues and hold an annual Elior Award event, issue rewards for recognition
every month plus deliver a varied portfolio of development programmes. We offer additional leave
for charity work and provide a Colleague Support Programme for health & wellbeing advice.
Elior foster and believe in a diverse workplace, free from discrimination, which leads to an enjoyable and supportive environment
Or check similar jobs