Our client is based in Bury and is looking for an Interim Payroll Manager to join their talented and dedicated finance team on a 6-month FTC. The role is hybrid with 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH and the hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday. The role can be undertaken on either a day rate or working directly for the company on an FTC. The role will be paying the equivalent of £40k - £45k.
Apply on Partner Site
The main responsibility of this role lies in ensuring the Payroll activities are timely and accurate. You will oversee the day-to-day activities within the Payroll team.
* Ensure the completion of 15 payrolls for 8 000 employees over weekly, lunar, and monthly frequencies
* You'll be responsible for reviewing, signing off, and owning the quality and accuracy of the allocated businesses' payrolls on behalf of the company
* You will look to improve the overall payroll process by innovating, and finding better and more efficient working practices
* You will lead, empower, inspire, and motivate a team of 13 made up of payroll apprentices, associates, executives, and team leaders
* You will be responsible for creating and implementing training plans tailored to the role and individual
* You will have experience managing a Payroll function and have strong people skills
* CIPP would be advantageous but is not essential
* Proven experience working with complex high-volume payrolls and strong end-to-end payroll knowledge is essential
* A strong understanding of meeting challenging deadlines and responding to urgent needs as they arise
* Broad experience in mentoring and supporting a team and helping them develop in their roles and careers with the ability to communicate clearly and with impact, to explain and resolve complex pay and reward issues in a way that is easy to understand
Or check similar jobs