Central is currently recruiting for a three Floating Support Workers, to work in the Westminster area. The service provides support to clients at risk of homelessness with varying vulnerabilities to enable them to live independently in the community
Apply on Partner Site
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working from Monday - Friday, 9AM - 6PM. Cover is required for 2 months. The pay rate is £12.74 per hour, with £1.54 holiday pay, totalling £14.28 per hour.
Please note: you will mainly be supporting clients within the community and their own homes.
In this position, you will be required to:
* Hold a caseload of up to 27 key clients and carry out regular key working sessions resulting in agreed SMART support plans which are reviewed regularly.
* Complete comprehensive and high quality risk assessment and risk management plans.
* Minimise risks to clients by identifying, reporting and following up any safeguarding concerns and incidents
* Provide housing advice to clients in order for them to maintain their tenancies.
* Support clients that are ready to move into work, education or training to access suitable courses or placements.
* Work in partnership with other departments and external agencies to ensure that client needs are assessed and addressed appropriately
* Support clients to make recovery visible in the schemes and, where appropriate, to co-deliver activities
* Support clients to access health care and improve their mental and physical health
Please note, this role involves lone working.
To apply for this role, you must have:
* Experience of working with homeless clients with additional complex needs including substance use and mental health.
* Experience helping vulnerable people to identify personal goals and supporting them through a process of change
* Experience managing challenging situations in relation to people
* Experience working in partnership with a range of individuals/agencies to coordinate activities and achieve positive outcomes
* A non-judgmental approach to working with vulnerable people.
* An understanding of the support needs of people with low incomes, including rent payments and arrears
* An understanding of boundaries and ability to develop and maintain respectful and professional relationships
* Familiarity with IT applications and basic keyboard skills and the ability to maintain accurate records and manage own administrative tasks.
* Experience of Floating Support
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
In order to register with Central Recruitment Services for temporary agency work, candidates must meet the following criteria:
* Current valid right to work in the UK
* Minimum 12 months’ of paid experience in a front line social care role within the last 3 years* (unless recruitment criteria states otherwise)
* A fully enhanced DBS registered on the DBS update service or willingness to apply for one through Central (at a cost of £50)
* Employment or education history to cover the last 5 years which can be verified through the referencing process
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria, and we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position
Or check similar jobs