Blocktech MEP are looking on behalf of their client for an Enthusiastic Mechanical Contract Manager to join our forward-thinking employee-owned client. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years industry experience and trade qualification to a minimum of HNC/HND level in Building Services Engineering.
Apply on Partner Site
They should be capable of demonstrating previous successful experience on Projects up to £5 million, be able to work on their own initiative from conception of order through to final account / defects period and be cognisant of the current contract climate. This involves having a general knowledge of contract law, administration, account development and submission.
Our client is a medium sized Employee Owned Mechanical & Electrical Contractor with an excellent client and sub-contractor reputation located in Croydon and Surrey offering a detailed service to recognised and repeat customers throughout London & the Southeast of England.
As a result of recent contracts awarded, they are looking to expand their team and as such invite applicants to apply for the position of Mechanical Contracts Manager within their spacious Head Office where you will be provided with total engineering support, Design department, Estimating department, CAD/BI, Etc.
Some knowledge of a computer-based Estimation package, MS project and a good working knowledge of Excel and Word would be an advantage.
Outline Brief of Requirements
* Read, understand and scrutinise contract documents, specifications and drawings.
* Preparation of Contract Health and Safety documentation.
* Preparation of Contract Technical submissions.
* Preparation of Contract Technical schedules.
* Preparation of Contract Works programmes.
* Attendance at Client / Professional Team meetings, pre and post Contract Award.
* Sub-Contract negotiation and appointment.
* Liaison with in-house BIM / Cad Departments.
* Liaison with Client / Contractor Site Management teams.
* Liaison and direction to and Sub-contractor / Specialist Site teams.
* Overseeing CDP requirements and Specialists.
* Preparation of monthly contract reports for Director review and Client issue.
* Preparation of monthly contract applications and account reports.
* Preparation of variations and commercial submissions.
* Management of appointed Project and Site Managers.
* Health and Safety reporting and management.
* Preparation of commissioning programmes.
* Liaison and management of commissioning activities.
* Client demonstration and handover.
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects at any one time.
In Return you will receive:
* Employee Ownership profit share distribution after 12 months service
* Company car (or car allowance), subject to level of experience and demand
* Holiday – 30 days per annum, including Bank Holidays
* Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
* In service Life Insurance
* Access to a Private Health Scheme
* Excellent personal growth potential with support to achieve this
The job role responsibilities listed in this advertisement are only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties
Or check similar jobs