Band 5 Staff Nurse – Bear Ward
Apply on Partner Site
* Location: Great Ormond Street Hospital
* Speciality: Cardiac
* Hours: 37.5 hours / mixed shift pattern
* Type: Full Time/Permanent (Part Time hrs considered)
* Salary: Between £34,089 - £41,498 per annum inclusive (depending on experience)
Are you looking to join a friendly and highly skilled team that is dedicated to providing the highest levels of care for children and young people? Do you wish to advance in a rewarding specialism that offers cutting-edge technologies?
We are looking for NMC-registered nurses to join Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) to work in their well-established team within the Heart and Lung Directorate.
About the role
Bear Ward is a 24 bedded ward (inclusive of 8 HDU beds) that specialises in Cardiothoracic patients involving the heart, lungs and tracheal. Bear ward is the UK centre for Paediatric Pulmonary Hypertension, providing specialist care for patients up to 18 years old. The typical cases that present on the ward are those patients who require CPAP, optiflow, chest drains, inotropes, TPN, blood transfusions and pacemakers.
Once you're here, you'll be given a preceptor or mentor based on your background and receive ongoing assistance from our own ward-based education team. Where necessary, these employees will assist you as you develop your skills and confidence.
If you want to rotate across all the areas and specialties within Heart and Lung, you will be able to do so by participating in customised development programmes, which include alternatives. Additionally, we'll give you access to a planned developmental roadmap to help you advance from Band 5 to Band 6.
* A minimum of 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* NHS pension scheme
* Interest-free season ticket loans
* Subsidised on-site staff massage
* Help with childcare
* On-site Nursery
* A wide range of sports and social activities
* Help with finding accommodation
* A staff counselling and advice service
* A staff recognition scheme, in the form of a monthly and annual awards ceremony
* On-going professional development
* Culture Club
Requirements for this role:
* NMC Registration (Child or Adult)
* Relevant nursing qualification with 1 year post-graduation experience
* Experience of working within a Cardiac environment is desirable, however specific skills and competencies can be gained when joining the team
* Experience of working with acutely unwell patients essential
* Ability to work well both in a team and on own initiative
* Good time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Computer literate
* Evidence of continuous professional development
Or check similar jobs