Would you like to work for Opus, one of the UK’s largest independent Managed Service Providers who were awarded Company of the Year and the Business Growth award at the Surrey Business Awards 2022?
Apply on Partner Site
Due to our impressive consistent growth and strong ambitions within the IT & Telecoms sector, we have a new exciting opportunity for an IT Services Engineer to support our Managed Service customers, helping with internal support, conducting IT audits, and driving solutions for complex IT challenges.
WHERE? Join our Service Delivery Team
You will be working side-by-side with both the Incident Management and PMO Engineering teams, in the proactive delivery and support of IT Services, whether they be internal requests or external client orders. This role is key to maintaining the integrity of existing client’s applications and infrastructure, as well as carrying out adds and changes to their estates.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
* Providing 1st / 2nd Line onsite support for customers that require a physical presence by an Opus employee, covering their in-house support
* Providing effective and coordinated technical and hierarchical escalation to 3rd line where required.
* Assisting with new customer IT deployments
* Maintaining accurate ticketing records, categories, and knowledgebase within CRM system
* Providing technical recommendations for optimisation of client solutions
* Effective management of suppliers
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the IT industry and provide new ideas to help expand the technical services portfolio.
* Maintaining and up-to-date skills matrix
* Delivering exceptional customer service
Other organisations may call this role 2nd Line Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Analyst or Helpdesk Engineer
WHAT? This Role
Salary of £40-45K
25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Home / Hybrid working, 45 min travel time to London
Provide 1st / 2nd Line onsite support for customers that require a physical presence by an Opus employee, covering their in-house support.
Head Office – Reigate , Surrey
WHO? are we looking for ideally?
We are seeking an IT Service Engineer who is/has:
* At least 4 years of Cloud experience-Microsoft Office 365 admin, Azure, Intune
* At least 4 years IT Support helpdesk experience
* Minimum Microsoft Certified at Associate Level.
* Any knowledge / skills desirable in the following competencies:
SharePoint, Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Desktop Support within Windows, Windows Server Technology (on Premise and Microsoft Azure), Active Directory Administration, Group policy, domain trusts and AD health review and troubleshooting, user identity / synchronisation with Azure AD, Windows server 2012 –2019 and its key roles, DHCP and DNS, domains, and SSL Certification, experience with Backup / DR technologies and concepts (Acronis preferred), Wi-Fi configuration and support, firewall troubleshooting, VLAN and switch troubleshooting and VPN (both site to site and Client), general Windows 7/10/11 troubleshooting, experience with general physical IT, UPS, server cabinets, physical patching, N-Central, Sentinel 1.Acronis Backup
* Any experience with Networking, Firewall management, Cisco Meraki, Mimecast or Intune is desirable
* Familiarisation working according to industry best practice, such as ITIL service strategy
WHY? The Benefits
* Free daily breakfasts in the office
* Regular companywide events
* Monthly 'shining star' employee recognition awards
* Pension and life insurance
* Refer a friend scheme (£1,000)
* Mental health, financial and legal support
* Training and development plans
* State of the art offices
* Option to buy and sell holiday
* Employee Dream Ball - Quarterly chance to win £2.5k towards a dream
Culture is important to us as are our values
* Work together to win together
* Be brave and think differently
* Own it and never give up
* Strive to be the best
* Stay curious and keep learning
Established in 1992, Opus integrates best of breed solutions, to deliver tailored, managed services to medium and large enterprises from both the private and public sector nationwide. Our world-class expertise is delivered by our internal teams, while leveraging best of breed technology partners such as Microsoft, Mitel, 8x8, Cirrus, Five9, Gamma where we have achieved platinum partner status.
We deliver outstanding customer experience and are the only MSP to be awarded the Service Mark accreditation from the Institute of Customer Service.
We are a Disability Confident employer and Living Wage accredited.
Become part of our exciting success story
Or check similar jobs