Housing Supply Officer
Apply on Partner Site
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster, along with Elstree and Pinewood a short drive away.
At a glance
- 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt.
- 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
- Very low crime rate
- The district ranks highly for business registrations and start ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
We are currently seeking a Housing Supply Officer to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working 37 hours per week.
- Salary of £28,803 - £30,309 per annum
- 28 days' holiday (pro rata) - rising to 30 days (if applicable)
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Access to discounted activities and days out
This is a brilliant opportunity for a customer-facing professional with experience of working with members of the public to excel in their career with our leading, public sector organisation.
In this highly rewarding role, you will make a real difference to the fabric of our community, as you help to prevent homelessness and build safe, secure futures for all our residents.
If you’re looking to take your career to the next level, this is a rare chance to join an organisation that champions professional development and will invest in your growth.
As a Housing Supply Officer, you will support the allocation of housing by providing high-quality advice to customers and overseeing applications to our Housing Register.
Maintaining our Housing Register, you will process online applications, ensure customer information is correct and that they can bid for the correct size and type of property.
You will provide customers with advice on accessing the Housing Register, homelessness and housing options as well as assisting them through our Choice Based Lettings process.
Additionally, you will:
- Expedite vulnerable customer applications
- Manage customer queries
- Conduct office interviews and home interviews
- Liaise with housing providers
To be considered as a Housing Supply Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working with members of the public
- Experience of dealing with customers in potentially stressful and emotive circumstances
- Experience of effective partnership working
- An understanding of the needs of customers needing housing assistance
- The ability to manage competing deadlines
- The ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships
- Good IT skills including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The closing date for this role is 2nd October 2023.
Webrecruit and Three Rivers District Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
If you’re looking for a highly rewarding role as a Housing Supply Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Or check similar jobs