Urenco; trusted, long-term supplier to the nuclear industry, specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services, are looking for a Permit Office Facilitator / Excavation Coordinator on a contract basis (inside IR35), to be based in Capenhurst near Chester. In this role, you will work as part of the Engineering and Projects department responsible for implementing the systems for the safe, continuous and efficient operation of the wider Capenhurst site at UUK.
Apply on Partner Site
The Permit Office Facilitator ensures the efficient, compliant and consistent operation of the Permit Office, provides day to day continuity and support for all UUK departments and facilities management in line with their responsibilities to ensure safe control of work conditions across the Capenhurst site. This includes, but is not limited to the issuing of work control documentation relating to the control and coordination of construction activities, general work permits, roof access, hot works, confined space, electrical isolations, temporary works, control of work at height. The role also provides close working interactions with the Work Control Team to facilitate work plan adherence and to optimise the Urenco safe system of work.
Rate: £32-40 Umbrella (Inside IR35)
What will your day look like?
• The role holder will report to the Permit Office Coordinator and be part of the Engineering and Projects Construction Team, the role will require extensive interaction with project teams across the Capenhurst site, this shall include both internal parties and contractors. The role holder will be required to develop strong working relationships across all of these areas in order to be able to effectively influence people outside formal reporting lines.
• The position is a key communication, co-ordination and continuity role across all Urenco departments and business units and across key operational departments including Operations, Recycling, Maintenance, Compliance, Infrastructure and Projects. The role also provides structure and stability to work execution, consistency of application of Safe System of Work (SSoW) standards and a direct input into continual improvement.
• The role holder will be required to be capable of working autonomously to make decisions relating to the effective application of the SSoW process to construction projects in order to assure health and safety standards are maintained for all activities. This will apply both in a work planning context but will also apply to the need for the individual to be able to confidently make decisions at a site working level where needed to protect the health and safety of site based personnel.
• One of the key requirements is to have a detailed understanding of the Urenco SSoW process and be capable of ensuring that those carrying out work both understand and adhere to the process. The role holder will be required to understand the full regulatory framework applicable to the portfolio of projects in which they are involved and will act as a lead on advising and monitoring compliance accordingly.
• The role requires participation in the review of risk assessments and method statements, preparation and issuing of work control documentation, daily workplace inspections prior to and during the execution of construction activities, ensuring individuals are suitably qualified and experienced to undertake planned construction activities.
Please be aware that this contract position is subject to passing:
• Security Clearance
• Medical, drug and alcohol tests
At Urenco, everyone is welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where we all have a voice, and you can feel confident being yourself. ?We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. ?We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility. ??
Join us on our journey, front and centre, to a net zero future
Or check similar jobs