Systems Modelling and Simulation Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
£50,000 - £70,000
Aerospace system and subsystem model requirements analysis, definition and architecting; model development and integration, and verification and validation using MATLAB, Simulink, and related tools; the auto-coding of Simulink models to C/C++; assessment of third-party work; and the development and maintenance of standard processes within the programme framework. Some elements of customer facing will be required.
• Work collaboratively as an integral part of a small team delivering a customer focused task-based modelling and simulation support service.
• Investigate, understand, and resolve problems with:
Simulink model development
Model integration into e.g., system-of-systems models and distributed simulations.
• Analyse results from model integration and simulation development to provide understanding of the component models performance and their interactions.
• Develop Simulink models of aircraft and aerospace systems and auto-code to C/C++ and dll.
• Integrate Models (Simulink and dll) into System-of-Systems models.
• Undertake simulation development, testing and application with results analysis to provide understanding of component models and their interactions.
• Develop and test models for integration into Distributed Simulations.
• Extend the Distributed Simulation capabilities and functionality.
• Sanity checking model performance and simulation results through crosschecking with other sources of information and engineering estimates.
• Dealing with aerospace vehicle and system models including:
multiple degree-of-freedom (3+) equations of motion.
transformations between multiple frames of reference using Euler angle and quaternions.
Flat-earth, spherical earth and WGS-84 coordinate systems.
Radar range equation.
Solving optimisation problems.
• Validation and Verification of model performance and simulation results against requirements.
• Review documentation for accurate technical content and quality to ensure it meets the required high standards.
• Investigate modelling and simulation tools to support new customer requirements.
• Suggest alternatives and recommend new approaches or tools to support continuous process improvement in task delivery.
• Generate documentation (User Guides, Interface Control Documents, Delivery Notes, Verification and Validation reports) for models, simulations and applications developed by the team at an appropriate level for the expected end user’s technical ability.
• Report on technical issues encountered with 3rd party provided models and simulations covering the issues, significance, and potential resolutions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• To actively participate in Performance Management Scheme.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required within the grade and level of the post.
• You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company. Some travel within the UK and internationally may be required.
- Hybrid working
- company pension
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy James on (phone number removed)
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
The Electronics Group is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Electrical, Electronics and Engineering professionals throughout the United Kingdom. If you are looking for work in this area, we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on (phone number removed) and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants
Or check similar jobs