Trust: Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Community React Team/Respiratory- Adult Services. Long Term Conditions, Entrance B, WN6 7LB
Hours: 22.5 Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 08:30-16:30
Pay rate: £22.76 - £36.42 (uplifts for nights/weekends/Bank Holidays)
End Date: 30/04/2024
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are currently seeking organised and motivated candidates to fulfil Occupational Therapist opportunities within the Community React Team at under a long-term placement contract. Are you a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills looking to embark on a new opportunity within the NHS? If so, we would like to hear from you today!
The post holder will ideally have NHS experience with patients with respiratory conditions and will be working within a community setting. They must be able to demonstrate initiative and prioritise a complex workload whilst working both as an autonomous practitioner and as part of a team.
The postholder will manage their own caseload of patients and provide specialist assessment, diagnosis, triage, and management/treatment of patients whilst maintaining the associated records. The right applicant will be able to work efficiently and effectively as both an autonomous practitioner and as part of a wider MDT with use of their own initiative to readjust and amend plans as per the patient’s needs. The postholder will be expected to deliver programmes of supported patient rehabilitation, in ways that facilitate behavioural change, optimise individuals' physical activity, mobility, fulfilment of personal goals and independence.
* To provide Occupational Therapy intervention to clients with a Respiratory condition.
* To manage a defined caseload using evidence based/client centred principles to access, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
* To support with the delivery and running of pulmonary rehabilitation classes across the Wigan Borough
* To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work and to maintain overall accountability for patients on your caseload.
* To use clinical judgment in order to prioritise caseload in line with clinical guidelines and protocols.
* To ensure interventions take place in the most appropriate setting, e.g. clients’ homes.
* To plan, prepare and undertake client assessments for a designated caseload in line with professional and national standards and guidelines.
* To identify areas of occupational performance and skill deficit in all functional activities of daily life.
* To work with clients and/or carers to identify goals as part of an overall care plan in co-operation with the multi professional team using recognized goal setting system.
* To plan and implement individual and/or group interventions in collaboration with clients using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals.
* To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment for clients with multiple needs/pathology in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention.
* To demonstrate and apply a broad level of understanding of the effect of disability and recommend adaptations to the clients physical and social environment.
* To demonstrate effective communication skills with carers, team members, occupational therapy colleagues and other agencies.
* To be able to organize and take a lead in Multi-Disciplinary Team / Inter-disciplinary team Meetings and case conferences.
* To convey information on diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plans in a range of verbal and non-verbal forms that clients/relatives can understand.
* To educate patients, relatives and carers in conditions and their effects in order to adapt to an appropriate lifestyle.
* To maintain timely statistics and other records as requested by the Respiratory Service and the Trust.
* To respect the individuality, values, cultural and religious diversity of clients and contribute to the provision of a service sensitive to these needs.
* To participate in the day to day organisation of the Respiratory Occupational Therapy Service.
* Be responsible for the monitoring of materials and equipment and bring defects or deficits to the attention of the Clinical Manager.
* To exercise good personal time management, punctuality and consistent reliable attendance.
The Successful Candidate Will:
* Hold a Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
* Be HCPC registered
* Have previous NHS experience
* Must have access to a own car and driving license
Or check similar jobs